Bevboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

We are going to add SPC Sugar Free or Extreme in March and would like to hear which one you think we should add to our line first and why.

The Sugar Free is the best tasting SF I have ever had of any drink. It has taken a year to get just right.... but it really is very good.

The Extreme has more caffeine and more ginseng. And Poosie the Cat is ripping through the can.

What do you think?

I say Sugar free and here is my reasoning......
    Your brand is getting awareness now and a lot of people, me included, love the tatse but not the calories from the sugar. Give people the healthier alternative and then once you have them introduce the stronger version later. Then it if it is cost worthy do it in both the Regular and SF.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

I agree with Greg, the sugar free would be your best new product intro. Looking only at the brands I sell and the overall sales reports I recieve from my key customers. Sugar Free 16oz is approaching 40% of it's Regular brand counterpart. I don't believe people are looking for extreme energy considering that now they can get double the efficacy in a 16oz can they used to get in a 8.4oz. That being said there is still the fringe ED consumer that is looking for 100mg of caffeine per serving. Although as we have all discussed in the past. We should cater to the mainstream. Let the start ups go after the EXTREME. It's a small piece of the ED universe.

Well Said NRGSLLR.
    Moreover, Sumpoosiecat is already a niche product(right now) if you are to come out with an Extreme version right now you would make it even more niche. How niche can you afford to go and still maintain profitability?

IMO Think their right SPC. SF not only touches to healthy life style but also helps build trust for your brand. It shows that you want to offer something for both sides of the ED market. Billy Bob can now buy his wife (that is diet crazy) a SPC in stead of another ED and they will love you for it. Or at least she will....
    CJ <br />Business relations

I think you should drop both idea's and come out with SPC Clear... just bottle some water and sell it for 1.99... great margins off low production cost! I'll let you use the tap in my basement for 50 bucks a week.. all the water you want.

(Hopefully someone has a sense of humor today I know its monday so I should wait till wednesday to post this)

Yeah I would say a "diet" version should always come after the regular is established... or you could just go multi-pack instead of adding a sugar free so you can really jump sales...

Thank you very much. I am really glad you guys said to go with the SF. We have worked really hard to make a great tasting SF.

We did blind taste test against other SFED and beat them 8 to 1. We then tested agains various SF soft drinks and beat them 3 to 1.

I am eager to get samples out to members next month and see what they think. I really think we have a great SF that most will enjoy with 0 calories.

Again... thanks for the input.

Originally posted by DrPepperYummy:
    I think you should drop both idea's and come out with SPC Clear... just bottle some water and sell it for 1.99... great margins off low production cost! I'll let you use the tap in my basement for 50 bucks a week.. all the water you want.

(Hopefully someone has a sense of humor today I know its monday so I should wait till wednesday to post this)

Yeah I would say a "diet" version should always come after the regular is established... or you could just go multi-pack instead of adding a sugar free so you can really jump sales...
    Can I? We'll call it Basment Energy, tag line "takes you to the top"

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    CJ <br />Business relations

Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:

We did blind taste test against other SFED and beat them 8 to 1(REDLINE).
    [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

We are designing the 4 pak box right now... we are just now adding C-store distributors so the 4 pak should be very popular...our motto in 2007 is.... The Cat is Where it's At! and Think Pink Drink Pink!