Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WOW, What a concept. Lets take a legendary rock guitarist and put his name on an Energy Drink.
    I don't get it.
    I am 41 years old and I was a fan of JH's years after his death.But I think that the ED market as a whole is somewhat younger than the demographics that will be attracted to anything Jimi Hendrix.

I have no problem with a celebrity or his/her estate selling the name for commercial purposes but to do it arbitrarily to any product that wishes to poney up the licensing fee is rediculous.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

I agree, my teenager don't even know Jimi. Well it's another Von Douch here to day in a $ store tomorrow.

Hey Greg have you seen it? I would buy a can to keep.

o-ya, Greg were is my Red Line, I'm thirsty man, LOL
    CJ <br />Business relations

Hey Greg... are you guys doing the Arnold show in Columbus ? Ava Cowan wants to work in your booth!

Well if the Jimmy Hendrix ED can has a thick doobie attached to it, JHED cans will fly off the shelf.LMAO

[ 01-25-2007, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Originally posted by SumPoosieCat:
    Hey Greg... are you guys doing the Arnold show in Columbus ? Ava Cowan wants to work in your booth!
    We do it every year. Last year we did a 20 X 90 ft booth and it proved to be too much. We have scaled back down to our normal 20 X 50 booth this year.
    Have her contact me at gregw@vpxpsorts.com to set things up. BTW, She will not be allowed to pimp SPC! LOL
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Lol....

By the way... your email is gregw@vpxsports.com

Lol...

LMAO....good one. LOL

Wow, energy drinks need to stop with this trend. I mean, granted Jimi Hendrix is probably one of the more popular and respected people to end up on a drink BUT, younger kids just arent as familiar with him than adults.

Plus, he was a musician! Not a wrestler like Hulk Hogan, at least with Hulk the idea of a drink made sense. But you mix that with his stupid reality show its just overkill.

When celebs start compromising their integrity to make a buck, people pick up on this and lose respect for them. Sure, for most money is more important, but in most cases it just makes them look silly and unwilling to bow gracefully from the limelight like most others do.

I mean, Hulk Hogan was a respect icon in his time. Kids looked up to him. A stupid reality show and a bad drink isn't going to bridge the gap from wrestling to retirement.

Same with someone like Ozzy Osborne. Goes from a rock icon to this incoherent babbling mess on his show, and then doing a Pepsi commerical on top of that.

Sorry, but these people obviously don't think enough of themselves if they end up peddling some crappy drink later in life.

And for someone like Hendrix, he is just too good for a stupid drink. Leave that sort of thing to Steven Seagal, or Mr. Rogers, or whatever declining star who will put his name on a doomed energy drink.

For the right amount of money most greedy Hollywood types would sell their mother and father for their weight in gold. Sad but true for the most part.