Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: REDLINE

[ 02-16-2007, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: greg ]
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

good call bro.......
    CJ <br />Business relations

Whats with the "Flatline" news title? The Sacramento guy saying he felt like he was having a heart attack after drinking 2. Doesnt the can say to drink only half. Red Line is definatly not a typical energy drink. I wonder if this guy has slept in the past 3 days?

Originally posted by deepnenergy:
    good call bro.......
    Thanks, I came to my senses.

Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
    Whats with the "Flatline" news title? The Sacramento guy saying he felt like he was having a heart attack after drinking 2. Doesnt the can say to drink only half. Red Line is definatly not a typical energy drink. I wonder if this guy has slept in the past 3 days?
    Where was the story about personal responsibilty?
    If you have never had an energy drink before, as he stated, why do you automatically suck down 2?

another reason we need a EDMA and dumb a** people won't have legs to stand by a clame like that.....I really want to do this can't you tell???

Originally posted by greg:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
    Where was the story about personal responsibilty?
    If you have never had an energy drink before, as he stated, why do you automatically suck down 2?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Greg - I like you and respect you. But, I have to say it seems to me if Redline IS this strong and REQUIRES a warning label...it should not be sitting on the shelf next to Red Bull and Monster. You can drink 8 red bulls and be fine...but some people are drinking just 1 Redline and calling poison control.

Personal responsibility? No..not when you can pick up this drink at your local 7-eleven - you shouldn't have to think twice about gulping down a beverage you get at a popular store.

What about corporate responsibility? If this stuff is even potentially harmful to an unknowing consumer...why is it available to so many of them? A little warning label isn't enough if VPX wants to continue selling in the mainstream market...IMO.

Thanks,
    Catman

wow well at least you know what your up against! Well put like a lawyer, Catman but stop trying to scare my friend Greg....... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the support DEEP but I'm not scared.
    REDLINE has been scrutinized by the Worlds largest retailer and their army of lawyers and it has been sitting on their shelfs for about a year now. Furthermore, the Worlds largest nutrition retailer, one that holds products up to a higher standard than any retailer could, also has seen fit to place our product on their shelves.

We have been commended in the courts on our warning label, contrary to what many believe is a signal of our admission of its danger. VPX as well as many others in the FDA, Courts, FTC, etc believe that ALL energy drinks should have a warning label on them as well as an age restriction statement.
    I hear cases everyday about kids downing NyQuil for a buzz, Huffing household cleaners, doing whippets with Whipped cream cans, etc. The bottom line is that REDLINE is no more potentially dangerous than a lot of products currently on the market.
    The end result is that Americans need to take personal responsibilty for themselves and not make assumptions about products.
    We place a more than adequate warning label on our product to let consumers know of its intensity. It is the consumers responsibility to educate himself about a product before ingesting it if he or she has never used the product before, does that not make sense? Furthermore, Does not paying alomost 2 time the normal price for an 8oz energy drink send up any signals about what you are getting?

About people calling poison control I would like to point out that 4 of the people that called stated they used a POWDERED concentrated version of REDLINE. We have never produced a powdered version of REDLINE so those numbers may be skewed just a bit.

Rockstar, Monster and Redbull all clearly state on the side of their cans "not recommended for children" In California, a child is anyone under 18 years of age. But every day, thousands of "children" in California are guzzling down 24oz Rockstars or Monsters or grabbing 2 or 3 Red Bulls to get a buzz. At least Redline and other drinks in that category are labeling exactly who their product is for. Out here in California, 7-11 stores are not allowed to sell Redline to anyone under 18. Why doesn't the same thing apply to all the other ED's who have bascially the same warning on the can. If that happend, Monster, Rockstar and Red Bull would see their sales drop at least 30 to 40% Teenagers are a big part of ED's core business. I would rather have a 17 year old drink 1/2 a Redline than guzzling down a 24oz Rockstar or Monster. All that HFCS and cheap raw ingredients just to get a buzz......please!