Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi all!

Has anyone tried to vend Xyience's Xenergy? Does anyone vending it have stats? I tried both flavors when I went to Vegas and "Clear" instantly became my fav. I contacted the Xyience distributor here in Tampa and (of course) they said Xenergy moves well if I had good locations. They said "good" locations are gyms, skate parks, and martial arts schools is all i remember. Does nayone know if this is true? can you REALLY vend an enery drink for $2.75?

thx
    -FFTM

As long as foreigners still buy the Brooklyn Bridge, that product will sell in "good" locations.

Take their info with a grain of salt, they are trying to get you to pay them for their product. They do not care if you sell it, drink it, throw it in the trash, they have their money.

Never heard of the drink, not biased one way or another towards them. Just calling it as I see it.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

If you can vend a $200-300 iPod out of a vending machine, then a $2-3 energy drink shouldn't be shocking to anyone.

It's ALL about location.

However, listen very closely to what Saint has said regarding caution on what they tell you. The vending forum here is littered with stories of broken promises made by unscrupulous businesses and their salespeople. (Are you listening CC?) Be careful and do plenty of your own research, and maybe more importantly - regard anything the company gives you as advertising. Because that's exactly what it is, whether the claims are true or not.

Well said VV!

As I always keep in mind,if it sounds too good to be true than most likely it is too good to be true.

I always think, why would a company spend big bucks to make me big money? There is a sucker born every minute. Be careful there is no such thing as a free lunch.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Originally posted by FFTM:
    Hi all!

nayone know if this is true? can you REALLY vend an enery drink for $2.75?

-FFTM
    GOOD LORD! 2.75? What kind of cost are they giving on this product and the size? I thought they were like 8oz cans or something so I was expected a $2.00 retail/vend on something like that... I am aware of the product being into martial arts but yeah its going to be a very niche product.

For everyone who hasn't seen the product.. its linked heavier with the UFC (ultimate fighting championship) lots of the fighters are sponsored and the rings have signs all over it... they are slowly crossing over into boxing and other events.

I don't know anything about who the vending company is but I can tell you that there is huge money behind Xenegy. They are using their "muscle" in the sport suppliment business to promote Xenergy. Definately one to watch.
    banned

Thanks Guys.
    I have to say, they have pretty convincing sales pitch though, because I ended up trying it... I know, I know... I can hear the "I told you so's". But part of their pitch is a buy-back guarantee (they say they will buy back any unbroken case after 45 days, no fees) i figured what the hell and bought their 3+1 special.

You all wanna hear it, don't you? OK, you were right.

But only kinda. I placed them in two of my machines one in a car dealership and the other in gym. I only sold 3 the first week at the dealership and 7 at the gym. I called the guy back and told him the gym was ok (i also told him that you guys were kinda right - car joint - sux!). Ishmal (something like that) suggested I lower the price to $2.50... I don't why that $.25 made such a difference, but the dealership sold 16 last week and it outsold EVERYTHING (exept water by 3 bottles) at the gym.

How the F@*# does $.25 make that big of a difference? Should I lower it more (will I get more money because of better volume)? I'm thinking about keeping the price where I'm wrong and want to raise the price back later, I'm afraid for some reason people won't buy. I've never done that, but does anyone know?

BooDoo - I guess you're right on the "muscle". The dude said they have a $33 mill marketing budget, and i'm glad they do, cause i'm in love with that fine ass Xenergy girl! Why doesn't she come with the can!?!? Who knows, maybe she into us vending machine entreprenuers (if i could spell it)!

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate all the input...

Originally posted by FFTM:
    Thanks Guys.
    I have to say, they have pretty convincing sales pitch though, because I ended up trying it... I know, I know... I can hear the "I told you so's". But part of their pitch is a buy-back guarantee (they say they will buy back any unbroken case after 45 days, no fees) i figured what the hell and bought their 3+1 special.

You all wanna hear it, don't you? OK, you were right.

But only kinda. I placed them in two of my machines one in a car dealership and the other in gym. I only sold 3 the first week at the dealership and 7 at the gym. I called the guy back and told him the gym was ok (i also told him that you guys were kinda right - car joint - sux!). Ishmal (something like that) suggested I lower the price to $2.50... I don't why that $.25 made such a difference, but the dealership sold 16 last week and it outsold EVERYTHING (exept water by 3 bottles) at the gym.

How the F@*# does $.25 make that big of a difference? Should I lower it more (will I get more money because of better volume)? I'm thinking about keeping the price where I'm wrong and want to raise the price back later, I'm afraid for some reason people won't buy. I've never done that, but does anyone know?

BooDoo - I guess you're right on the "muscle". The dude said they have a $33 mill marketing budget, and i'm glad they do, cause i'm in love with that fine ass Xenergy girl! Why doesn't she come with the can!?!? Who knows, maybe she into us vending machine entreprenuers (if i could spell it)!

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate all the input...
    .25 can make a difference to a guy that has only $3 in his pocket. Check out the snack machine right next to your Vending machine.I bet pricing is in the .50-.75 range.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Well I for one am happy that this product is working well for you. It is nice to see that once in a while the "car salesman" is actually telling you the truth rather than what you wanted to hear.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

I didn't read the first post you made I just skipped to the last post.
    Concerning Xyience: Xyience kind of came out of nowhere in the Sports Nutrition Industry. They "grew Up" in the UFC and MMA. These are Mixed martial art and Ultimate Fighting type Sports. They do push their product heavy in their respective sport and have just about every major fighter in the UFC penned to a contract. The have a huge Sponsorship deal with the UFC so their name is everywhere. As far a sI know the are reputable and In my opinion I wouldn't worry too much about the price of their goods. Historicaly, as well as today, you will get a far more potent, effective, healthier Energy drink from a Sports Nutrition company(IMO) than from any other marketer.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!