Bevboard

Threaded View

Personally, I see nothing wrong with this as long as the "secondary vendor" is doing something different and not directly interfering with the "primary vendor".

The way I see it, if the primary vendor is not covering all bases and leaves an opportunity for me with his account, I'm going to take advantage of it.

Likewise, I'm willing to wear that shoe if I don't do everything I can do get all of my account's business. I'm smart enough to know that if I leave money on the table, someone else will gladly take it.

The reason I bring this up is because in another online vending community I belong to, there is a thread that talks about how some "primary vendors" see themselves as "exclusive vendors" and threaten secondary vendors who happen to locate a machine on their "turf".

I've had one primary vendor (that I know of) complain to the customer after I set up an energy drink / fruit juice machine in the truckers lounge, but nothing ever came of it. The customer is glad I'm in there.

Has anyone here had any experiences with this they could share?

[ 08-17-2006, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: bullman ]