Bevboard

Default diet pepsi MAX... coming soon...

pepsi will be launching an extra-caffeinated, ginseng-fueled version of diet pepsi this year called "diet pepsi max".

BevNET.com - New Invigorating Zero-Calorie Cola Hits Shelves This Summer

it's probably aimed at going after some of coke zero's fanbase.

so far, i like the packaging.

I honestly think if anything Coke zero is going after Pepsi One's fanbase, but anyways time will tell on how well diet Pepsi MAX will do.

I hope this new brand is priced at the same price point with other soda pops. If not it may suffer from the "Coke C2" price alienation syndrome. (8pks sold at the same price +/- as 12pks)

IMO a majority of soda pop drinkers shop for taste but are still price sensitive and will buy the lower priced alternative.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I'll be trying it for sure. I see its a aspartame/Ace-K mix, which wasn't that the combo the old Pepsi One used? I never liked the old Pepsi One, but I'm sure this will taste a different -it's an entirely different kind of drink.
    -Andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

I have a hard time believing this...

It looks like an american version of Pepsi X but diet...

That label is much better than the new label of the mexican Pepsi Max... and I see that finally they will release the new bottle...

This sounds pretty good. I'm not really big on high-caffeine drinks, but since it's using ace-K, perhaps it will taste more like regular Pepsi. I like the label too, and I see that "diet" is written in a different font than usual - wonder if this will translate to the regular Diet Pepsi package.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zabe View Post
    I hope this new brand is priced at the same price point with other soda pops. If not it may suffer from the "Coke C2" price alienation syndrome. (8pks sold at the same price +/- as 12pks)
    I would think that they've learned their lesson after seeing what happened with MDX, but who knows?

"pepsi max" in other countries is a different formula than "diet pepsi" (i believe it's usually similar to pepsi one); however, this packaging clearly says "diet pepsi max"... so, i'm just guessing that it's using the diet pepsi formula... with added kick.

as for coke zero going after pepsi one's audience... well, that was probably originally true; but, then pepsi one switched to splenda, which sort of made it competition for DC w/ splenda.

what will be interesting is to see which performs better... diet coke plus (vitamins & minerals) or diet pepsi max (with more caffeine & ginseng).

clearly, both are trying to expand their base.

from the looks of the packaging... i'd guess that diet pepsi max is aimed more at males, and diet coke plus more towards women.