Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Aggressive Marketing For Energy Drinks

Hi Experts,

You have seen me on this board before as I do marketing for Daredevil Energy Drink. I keep hearing the term..."aggressive marketing" when referring to really getting an energy drink to move. I am quite familiar with unique and standard industry marketing plans, but I am wondering if I am missing the boat on the aggressive plan? Does this mean investing a great deal of money into getting mass exposure? Can the drink experts on this board please give me an idea of what independents do in the form of aggressive marketing? Please don't list things such as:

Gorilla Marketing
    Sponsorships
    Sampling/Give-Aways
    Radio
    Web Adds
    Special Events

These are things that I am told are standard and not considered aggressive. I appreciate your help in advance!

Lauren@Daredevil

Monster had a contest to see how many Monsters you could chug before you puke....that's pretty agressive LOL

Love it...LOL! Don't we all wish it was just that easy!!!

I did that on the radio here in San Francisco. Well, it wasnt a contest. While on the morning radio show, I was able to speak about Jones Soda Companys Whoop Ass Energy Drink. The morning show brought in one of their side kicks, who also happens to be mentaly retarded. They had me feed him drink after drink. I think after downing 6 Whoop Ass Energy Drinks, the guy finally puked them up.

Default Very Bad idea !

Marketing should leave a positive message. People throwing up your product is not a good idea. It is also dangerous.

Try this instead.... promote a video contest on youtube... the best video wins 500 bucks cash and a year supply of the ED.

Be original.

Default Focus!

Lauren-You guys are doing the right thing. I know you are focusing on Orange County and the outlying areas. You guys are running some good deals that get the product in the hands of the end user. Get the attention of the store owner/manager....make sure that they are making money, then get the attention of the consumer. Remember, You are not getting new users, you are taking away some other brand's customer. Buy 1 get 1, 2 for $3.00 etc...these type of programs get end users buying your drink.
    Make sure to get ROI (Return on Investment) If you are doing a "buy 1 get 1 free" make sure the store manager is going to give you at least 4 to 6 slots at eye level. Use POS! Make a deal with the store to get your name plasterd all over. If you give him free cases-always get something in return. Use Posters, Window clings, Suc Cup racks etc..
    Daredevil is a really great product...now you need to get it in the hands of the end users, so they can see for themselves!

Default Be Careful

I don't know if you guys know but in New York some radio show had a similar contest, not with ED but with water and some woman died from drinking too much water. The guys on the radio got fired and the radio station is being sued. Be careful- the last thing this industry needs is someone dying from too much ED

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by cain View Post
    I don't know if you guys know but in New York some radio show had a similar contest, not with ED but with water and some woman died from drinking too much water. The guys on the radio got fired and the radio station is being sued. Be careful- the last thing this industry needs is someone dying from too much ED
    I second that....I heard it from a friend that works at a local station here in Phoenix, they used to do Jackass stuff for prizes but after that, it all stopped. I think clear channel will not allow it anymore at all, anywhere.
    CJ <br />Business relations

Unless the same thing recently happened in New York, that just happened here in Sacramento. Some young mother was trying to win a Nintendo Wii for her two kids, and dided from drinking too much water. Even when she complained to them that she was in pain, they said dont worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swedelson View Post
    Unless the same thing recently happened in New York, that just happened here in Sacramento. Some young mother was trying to win a Nintendo Wii for her two kids, and dided from drinking too much water. Even when she complained to them that she was in pain, they said dont worry about it.
    This one I have heard, I wasn't sure which town it was in so I didn't speak up earlier in the thread. I just remembered that it was in Ca. somewhere and it was for a nintendo. I heard it about a month ago give or take 2 weeks.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.