Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Mc Donald's To Sell Pepsi Brands

Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

This is great. I was really getting tired of seeing nothing but coke products at all of the fast food restaurants around me. Hopefully Donato's and Chipotle will switch to Pepsi products too.

Thumbs down

i never thought i'd see the day.

boo.

This is kinda similar with OXXO c-stores (property of Coke bottler FEMSA), that only sell Coca-Cola sodas but they also sell PepsiCo products like Sabritas Chips, Sonric's candies, Gamesa cookies, Quaker, Gatorade, Propel, Lipton Iced Tea, 19 lt jugs of PBG's Electropura, and PBG's E-pura water in some regions...
    Last edited by Ram0n C0keah0lic; 03-13-2007 at 12:12 PM.

well, this should be a wake-up call to coke. i mean, honestly... aside from soda, pepsi has the better brands when it comes to non-carbonated drinks and waters.

coke has been trying to do things on the cheap... and/or trying to create their own new brands, when they should've been buying established brands like gatorade, etc.

I don't think so... in the case of Mexico, the Coca-Cola Company non-carbonated drinks are great: Powerade, Powerade Light, Ciel, Ciel Aquarius, Minute Maid, Nestea, Nestea Light and a new addition to the brand portfolio: Cappy, a fruit drink that competes directly with Boing! (available in pineapple, tamarind and mango flavors). Coca-Cola gave a big push to the non-carbonated beverages and now they're gaining a good market share...

Take a look at the 2006 Annual Review... Ciel is among the best selling products of The Coca-Cola Company!
    Last edited by Ram0n C0keah0lic; 03-13-2007 at 01:17 PM.

i'm not saying coke's products are bad. but it's a fact that gatorade sells a lot better than powerade.

Nestea, Minute Maid, and Powerade are fine but they do not have the brand recognition that Lipton, Tropicana, and Gatorade do. Popologist is completely right. Coke screwed up by trying to develop its own brands vs. going after strategic partnerships and buyouts like PepsiCo did with Lipton, Starbucks, Gatorade and Tropicana. A huge chain like McDonalds cannot turn a back to this fact.

exactly, mofizz. i tend to think that there's a bit of arrogance over at coca-cola. maybe that comes from being #1.

but... being #2 has served pepsi well. they've totally been winning the non-cola war of the last decade... and that's where the growth is.

and if mcdonald's has 9 in 10 people asking for gatorade (instead of powerade)... what are they supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by mofizz View Post
    Nestea, Minute Maid, and Powerade are fine but they do not have the brand recognition that Lipton, Tropicana, and Gatorade do.
    You're right in the case of Gatorade... but I don't think that Lipton and Tropicana have better brand recognition than Nestea and Minute Maid, Nestea has been positioned better in the consumer's mind even before Nestlé made the partnership with Coca-Cola, and in the case of here, Minute Maid is gaining presence in the mexican market since its release in 2005 while Tropicana Orange Juice is just starting to announce that now is on sale at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club (but I haven't seen it in the frozen food aisle yet)
    Last edited by Ram0n C0keah0lic; 03-13-2007 at 03:05 PM.