Bevboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Smile it's official. Diet Coke PLUS is launching...

here's the article on bevnet:

BevNET.com - Coca-Cola North America Announces Plans to Launch Diet Coke Plus™

at least one thing in the article is not 100% true though. it says that diet coke plus has the "same great taste" but, in reality, Plus uses a combination of aspartame and ace-k... original diet coke does not.

since aspartame and ace-k are what's used in coke zero to minimize the after taste, i'm predicting that diet coke plus will taste better than regular diet coke.
    Last edited by popologist; 03-23-2007 at 12:19 PM.

actually... i was mistaken. it doesn't say "same great taste". it says "delivers on the great taste that they have come to expect from us".

Vitamins and Minerals in a CSD??????? I don't know. I guess I will just have to wait and see.
    Hell, I thought that Aquafina with Vitamins and minerals was a dumb a$$ idea, and it was at the time, but now Vitamin water kicks butt.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

i actually think it may succeed... especially if it has less after taste than regular diet coke.

if it tastes bad, then it will probably flop.

On the Fox morning show (last monday?) "Fox and Friends" they showed a promotional cooler Diet Coke Plus. There was a six pack of warm 20oz bottles inside the cooler. The three co-hosts drank a few swigs and forced a smile. LOL They said it tasted good but their facial expression did not seem so happy.

IMO the silver and aqua blue color scheme of DCP looks very unappealing. It appears once again Coke has launched a new brand with design issues.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

i don't think the packaging is ugly, but it's not really eye-catching either. but that's partly due to coke's new "minimalist" packaging on all of their products.

the real test will be how it tastes. if it tastes bad (like diet coke with splenda), it will flop (like diet coke with splenda).

Quote Originally Posted by popologist View Post
    i don't think the packaging is ugly, but it's not really eye-catching either. but that's partly due to coke's new "minimalist" packaging on all of their products.

the real test will be how it tastes. if it tastes bad (like diet coke with splenda), it will flop (like diet coke with splenda).
    I don't think so, IMO the packaging looks good, and the blue cap looks great on it, the color of the cap looks the same that Ciel water has here...

and I don't think Diet Coke with Splenda tastes bad, the taste is good also...

Coke had a true winner and just didn't bottle/can it right. Coke C2 was the best compromise, but the public didn't understand that it was a COKE LITE, (and it would have been a success had the public understood it to be just like BUD LITE and MILLER LITE beer). In our opinion Coke continues to try to make "chicken salad" out of the barnyard, if you get the drift, with their DIET COKE, COKE ZERO, VANILLA, CHERRY, LIME COKE, that from reading many blogs, and on this site, the consumer thinks tastes nasty, and leaves a horrible aftertaste.

Surely Coke reads the BevBoard. If I were a soft drink executive I would sure try to get with the 21st century method of public communication.

Coke just doesn't seem to listen to the public. I know people from every state that has called Atlanta and their local bottlers asking where to buy C2 Coke. I don't see Coke ever coming out with anything as good as C2. I will never buy their Diet Coke or Coke Zero. I'll drink Diet Rite cola first.

Just another thought----If Coke actually puts out a Diet Coke Plus that tastes tolerable, (and I doubt they can) the local bottler will probably put 10 or so 12 pkgs on the shelves, then the consumer won't be able to find it, will have to drive to other towns, etc to get it, JUST LIKE IT WAS WITH C2's. Coke didn't have the the Coke C2 sales because the bottler didn't deliver enough C2's to the stores, and when they did, people like us bought all the C2's they could find. I heard Coke still made TAB in some areas. That has to be a limited market because Tab is just about the nastiest tasting diet drink ever bottled, except for possibly Fresca which I saw the other day.

If you're looking for a Diet cola with Splenda, the go with Diet Rite Zero with Splenda. It costs less and tastes better

liberty, you make a lot of good points.

C2 was so hard to find and a lot of us just gave up. also, like you said, a lot of people didn't know what it was. i think a lot of people thought it was "new coke" (or "coke 2"). i think if coke had marketed correctly, gave it a simple name (like "coke lite"), and made it available, things could've turned out a lot differently.

coke almost made the exact same mistakes with coke zero; but, fortunately, for those of us who like it, they're finally getting their act together.

maybe coke will re-release C2 as "Coke Lite" someday, and get it right. it really was a good soda... and a nice compromise between taste and calories.