Bevboard

Default Howling Monkey Energy Drink

I havent seen any info on this drink here so thought I'd post. This is an energy cola and it actually tastes exactly like Pepsi, but a bit watered down as it contains a little less sugar.

As far as energy drinks go, it packs a better than average kick as i felt a boost for nearly 6 hours.

It comes in a regular and diet cola, and there is also an elixir version both regular and diet as well. I have yet to try this.

website is howlingmonkey.com but not much info there

I had the elixer one a few months ago, and all i thought of it was Meh. It wasnt horrible, but it wasnt a really good drink either, IMO.

Default How to measure an energy Drinks boost?

Quote Originally Posted by RKSTAR Guava fan View Post
    As far as energy drinks go, it packs a better than average kick as i felt a boost for nearly 6 hours.
    How does one measure this so called boost? Could you please explain?

Default howling monkey

I have seen the new drink in a lot of C-Stores in OR, they are doing a great job getting distribution.

I think there are 6 flavors, I was told that @ 1 of the C-Stores, BUT I looked for a couple of minutes and could find four, regular and sugar free of an E-Drink and a cola.

I purchased the regular E-Drink, and the regular Cola, I put the cold can of cola on ice and it tasted like water and RC.

A couple days later I put a chilled monkey E-Drink on ice and the same result, a below average can of water with some kind of energy drink.

I would have tried a third can and simply drank it cold out of the can like most people, BUT honestly the first two cans on ice did not give me much hope, if I had poured warm cans on ice I could understand but no thanks.

They put a white sticker about 1"X3" half stuck by the price that warns high energy, and of course the can does not say how much caffeine or energy it has.
    The two I drank did not give me any energy, I would say less than full throttle.

The cans look simmilar the main colors are red, and blue, it is hard to tell which one is an e drink and wich one is a cola.

Quote Originally Posted by illusionh20 View Post
    How does one measure this so called boost? Could you please explain?

Just your typical caffeine "buzz" or energy boost but it seemed to stick with me longer than other energy drinks I have tried. I agree with the other post though as far as taste goes it is below average. I have yet to try the elixir version but plan on doing so soon.

Why,over ice, its good ,its a cola it give me a caffeine "buzz" ?