Bevboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cool Save Cocaine Energy Drink - New Slogan Needed

"The Cool Alternative"

"Liquid High"

We need your help!

If you want to save Cocaine Energy Drink, please send an email to savecocaine@ced2U.com telling us that you know our drink is not a drug and that you know that it is not intended to get you high (which it is not). It is an energy drink like all of the other energy drinks.

If you want to keep Cocaine Energy Drink on the market we need your support.

Please take note that the phrase "The Legal Alternative" is used to convey the message that our energy drink is an alternative way to be "cool" without having to do illegal drugs or get high. We do not advocate drug use; that would not be responsible.

If you do not want to keep Cocaine Energy Drink on the market send us an email too. We have always been fair; having posted both bad press and good press (among other things) on our website. All emails will be read and considered.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Jamey Kirby
    Senior Partner/Founder
    Redux beverages, LLC
    The Cocaine Energy Drink - DrinkCocaine.com

Personally, I feel this message has no place on this board.

They chose to name the drink after an illegal drug, so they also chose the consequences of that decision. Pretty cut and dry.

Just another product using shock value to sell it.. those types of things come and go every day.

Question Brand names named after illegal substances

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Personally, I feel this message has no place on this board.

They chose to name the drink after an illegal drug, so they also chose the consequences of that decision. Pretty cut and dry.

Just another product using shock value to sell it.. those types of things come and go every day.
    What happened to free speech?

I am reporting the message and if they change the slogan to something more appropriate I think it will conform to the law, hence my two suggestions.

consequences of that decision
    Which is the slogan running foul of the law, not the actual name of the product. I am not a lawyer but I do believe that you can use a name from an illegal substance or an illegal act.

For example is it Legal to be a "PIMP" in the USA. Is the law in the US that gray when it comes to trademarks and branding.

its discontinued already?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Troy The Vault Drinker View Post
    its discontinued already?
    Extract:

is being marketed as "The Legal Alternative" to the illegal drug, according to its Web site. Its logo appears to be spelled out in a white powder that resembles the drug.

The Food and Drug Administration said Redux Beverages LLC is illegally marketing the drink as both a street drug alternative and a dietary supplement, according to a warning letter dated April 4 but publicly released Wednesday. The FDA cites as evidence the drink's own labeling and Web site, which include the statements "Speed in a Can," "Liquid Cocaine" and "Cocaine Instant Rush," according to the letter.

You cannot market it as the legal alternative to an illegal substance, the logo needs to be modified and it cannot be marketed as a dietary supplement. As for the trademark of the name they face a battle with an objection.

In short they better "Pimp" current stocks fast!

This is a message board - no such thing as free speech. The folks at Bevnet are free to pull any posts they want for any reason.

I said I felt it doesn't belong here because I don't think it even warrants taking up space, or being brought up for discussion. The company is simply paying the price for the name and the marketing campaign they chose.

Default Opinion

As I see it, this is a "beverage blog" so if anyone feels passionate enough about a product to want to help "save" it, more power to them.

Yes, the name is risque, but at the same time, it sells, whether you like it or not, it's marketing genius at it's best.

In the 1930's the word "humbug" was just as bad as saying f***. Now you say it and you think of Christmas.

Maybe many years from now, the same will go for most drugs, heck, in my lifetime eggs have been bad for me, then good for me, then better. Now chocolate is good for you, who knows, maybe Cocaine cures cancer....ok, we won't go that far, but really, it's a post from a person passionate about their beverage, why knock them?

To me, you sound like the typical "grandfather"..."Back in my day, we wouldn't talk about that, blah blah blah....

People have been riding the line for years, did you complain when "SumPoosie" came on the market? Or did you want some to maybe...I don't know..fill a void...lol

Hardly! I am half the age of a senior citizen, and I am certainly not a prude.

There were plenty of posts about sumpoosie on this board back when it came out and their people started posting here. I do believe I commented on them.

A blog is something written by one person, and commented on (sometimes) by others. This is a message board where different members create postings and then others perhaps reply to them. Sort of a slowed-down discussion.

yeah well.. this one time i drank a dr.pepper

My two cents.
    Fusion's previous two posts are 100% correct. PERIOD!!!!
    This fine message board is not in no way a blog.
    Bevnet owns this board and all the content on this board.
    We post freely with the implicit permission of Bevnet.
    Bevnet moderates this board and is the sole judge of
    content of the threads and posts.

Short and sweet this message board is a privilege to participate
    on and not a right to participate on.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba