Bevboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zabe View Post
    My two cents.
    Fusion's previous two posts are 100% correct. PERIOD!!!!
    This fine message board is not in no way a blog.
    Bevnet owns this board and all the content on this board.
    We post freely with the implicit permission of Bevnet.
    Bevnet moderates this board and is the sole judge of
    content of the threads and posts.

Short and sweet this message board is a privilege to participate
    on and not a right to participate on.
    I agree it is a privilege , without it "coke bashing" would not take place (please see bevnet's own blog). As for discussing a particular brand name I think many people have acknowledged your feelings on the matter. As for jdavies77 opinion on moral and ethical brand names, you have to respect his opinions.

Default Me again

Sorry about the age joke, just thought I'd add a little humor to the posts.
    No need to get your diapers in a bunch...oops, did it again.

Seriously though, my true feelings are Cocaine could be off the shelves tomorrow and it wouldn't effect my day whatsoever, I only deal in glass bottles and although it's pretty effective "in your face" advertising. It's a little too border line for me.

I'll just stick to my liquid heroin. I'll market it as Hero-in a can, maybe have some guy in a suit and cape with his teeth missing and.....

No, better yet, Jane juice, the same high, minus the munchies....

Ecstacy energy drink, it's extratasty...(Warning: 1960's flashbacks may occur, unless you were born in the 70's, then you're screwed)

Thumbs down

Attorney General Richard Blumenthal announced today that he has demanded a beverage company immediately stop selling its purported energy drink "Cocaine" in Connecticut - or face prompt legal action. In a letter to Redux Beverages, LLC, Blumenthal said the "Cocaine" energy drink dangerously glamorizes drug use. Blumenthal announced this action at a press conference today with Hartford Mayor Eddie A. Perez and citizens who are outraged by the sale of this drink, particularly targeting inner city neighborhoods.
    In a parallel action, the Food and Drug Administration has notified the company that this drink is illegally marketed as a street drug alternative and a dietary supplement.
    In a letter sent Monday, Blumenthal asked Redux Beverages to notify his office within 10 days that all sales of this product have ceased to Connecticut residents and stores. He has also asked for any marketing materials the company used in the state, and details about how many cans have been sold in Connecticut.
    "Naming this product 'Cocaine' is an insult to anyone seeking to deter and discourage illegal drug use," Blumenthal said. "As a parent, I was outraged to learn this drink is sold in stores across the state, particularly targeting high-crime inner city neighborhoods, contributing to an aura and mystique surrounding illegal drug use, especially for children.
    "Packaging and promoting a product with drug slang unconscionably makes drug use cool. It is irresponsible and reprehensible marketing - dangerously glamorizing illicit drug use and making this drink a gateway to drugs. The effect is to verbally trample or obscure the true, hard lessons about cocaine - for profit.
    "I will continue to support a total ban on these types of gateway products as a valid public health measure."
    Gee this is hotting up, I agree with the FDA rulings but banning a name that is named after an illegal substance???? So how many other products are named after an illegal substance, how about an abbreviation? Anyone fancy a coke? Nope I will have a Pepsi instead!!!!

You obviously have no idea of the grip that drugs have on some inner cities. This goes far beyond anything you may read about online.

Big time DITTO!!!!!
    The scourge of meth and crack reaches to all people in this country,
    rich and poor. Young kids ( ages 12 on up) are smoking pot witch for many
    kids is a gateway drug. Drug abuse and drug addiction to hard drugs is big
    (costly societal) problem in this country.
    Last edited by Mr Zabe; 04-19-2007 at 03:45 PM.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    You obviously have no idea of the grip that drugs have on some inner cities. This goes far beyond anything you may read about online.
    Have we met in person?

Default Speed Energy Drink

[quote=meth[/quote]

It is also called "speed" here in OZ! We have a big problem here in Australia, our doctors in Emergency rooms and police are saying it worse than cocaine and heroin addiction.

Funny how you can sell "Speed" Energy Drink in Australia.

arg

I saw this ad on TV last night too. I think it's ridiculous that an energy drink, especially portrayed in the way it was with the club-like scene and music, should be allowed to be named "speed". did anyone else think this? It really seems to give the impression that taking speed should be condoned and that speed should be taken whilst drinking in clubs. I'm not a complete prude, but i don't think ads like this should be shown. Give me your feedback. ???
    inthemix.com.au: australian dance music | news | reviews | photos | forums | chat | what's on |

See no claims it is the "legal alternative".

Quote Originally Posted by illusionh20 View Post
    It is also called "speed" here in OZ! We have a big problem here in Australia, our doctors in Emergency rooms and police are saying it worse than cocaine and heroin addiction.

Funny how you can sell "Speed" Energy Drink in Australia.

arg

inthemix.com.au: australian dance music | news | reviews | photos | forums | chat | what's on |

See no claims it is the "legal alternative".
    You can't compare a drink name from Australia to one in the United States. Laws governing such tradenames are different in each country.

Furthermore, There is a law that dictates what a product may or not be named. We have discussed about "Cocaine Energy Drink" before on this board. I have no idea why the FDA did n't say anything about the name. Perhaps they are using their weapons sparingly so as to weaken Redux instead of hitting them all at once and creating a "go, no go" type of lawsuit.
    Pertaining to SPEED. There are drinks out there named -----Speed or somthing to that effect here in the States, but usually they have seperate connotations, slightly, while still being close enough for the consumer to understand the meaning.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    There is a law that dictates what a product may or not be named.
    Have you got the link to that information, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by illusionh20 View Post
    Have you got the link to that information, Thanks.
    Sorry I do not have a link. My legal department at the company I work for has done the research on such tradenames and I trust them completely. In the course of product development and in the tiresome frustrating process of coming up with a name of a new product there are many things "thrown against the wall to see if they stick", that is one aspect of what I do, furthermore, the industry I work in always has products that are close to, but not exactly the same, in name as illegal drugs here in the States(Sports Supplements).

It is a social contract in my opinion, moreso than following the law when it comes to responsible marketing and tradenames.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!