Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Talking Coke Zero a big "10" for Coca-Cola Company... sales up.

here's a link from Bloomberg News. Coke Zero's sales were up 10% in the US last quarter, and, around the globe, helped give Coca-Cola its best performance since 1994.

Bloomberg.com: U.S.

and here's another article saying that Coke Zero is "Coke's Hero" and because of robust sales and boost to Coke's stock price, Coca-Cola's market value has passed Pepsi's again (i believe Pepsi's passed Coke's overall market value sometime late last year for the first time).

this article also says that Coke Zero is adding new customers, as opposed to cannibalizing sales of other Coke products.

Beverage World
    Last edited by popologist; 04-18-2007 at 08:06 AM.

I read this morning a business report on Coke Zero in my local paper as well.
    This is great news indeed.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Smile

the second article says that coke zero has 1% market share right now. so it's just shy of the Top Ten, as many of us predicted. it still has a ways to go though, but getting it into soda fountains is probably the next step. most of the Top Ten sodas are represented in restaurants and fast food places.

Definetely this is great news!

The release of Coca-Cola Zero in some european markets and Latin America, the region that drinks more soda in the world, definetely gave a big boost to the sales of The Coca-Cola Company... now let's hope that Coca-Cola maintains that sales percentage next quarter...

Respect the second article, as I previously said in another thread, Coca-Cola and Diet Coke/Coca-Cola Light won't lose consumers, because they already have loyal customers that are accustomed to the taste of Coca-Cola or Diet Coke/Coca-Cola Light...

Default Coke Zero A big thing for how long?

That is the trillion dollar question, with the latest research coming out, that slams diet drinks and the damage it does to tooth enamel.

The mass market will soon acquire the knowledge and make an informed decision on "Coke Zero". Is it really the "healthier" alternative?

Maybe if you are drinking a serving a week, and sucking it with a straw.

Short term sales of "Coke Zero" look good but long term is another story. The trend of sky rocketing sales of energy drinks and milk based drinks will continue.

Here is a little interesting look back in the past, Americans were drinking
    a healthy beverage in 1966 more than the less healthier alternative.

In the past 40 years, many Americans have swapped nutrient-dense milk for sodas and other beverages that are mostly bereft of nutrients. In 1966, Americans drank, on average, 20 gallons of soft drinks and 33 gallons of milk. In 2003, Americans drank an average of 46 gallons of soft drinks and 22 gallons of milk. Milk contains minerals, proteins, vitamins and, most importantly, calcium.
    Link

Another worrying health issue is the nutritional value of "Diet Coke".

``They are not real food and have no nutritional value.''
    Diet drinks replaced water and milk in the diet and therefore, essential nutrients.
    ``We should give a clear message that sweet drinks, no matter what the sweetening agent, are not everyday foods and should be reserved for those occasional birthday and holiday treats,'' Murphy said.
    Link

Analysts say much of the rise is a result of strong growth in emerging markets where consumers aren't bored by sodas
    My opinion.

The rise is a result of strong growth in emerging markets where consumers aren't as educated as the consumers of the North American Market

i'd REALLY like to see Coke buy Snapple and/or Arizona Tea. they're two, established & popular brands that Coke wouldn't have to try to recreate from scratch.

I don't think a Snapple acquisition would fly with the FTC. And haven't they tried to buy AriZona in the past?

Oh, and GO ZERO!

they may be able to buy tea companies, since they don't monopolize that market; however, you're right, they couldn't buy schweppes.

i think they considered buying arizona in the past but they decided it costed too much, but i'm not sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by mjb1124 View Post
    I don't think a Snapple acquisition would fly with the FTC. And haven't they tried to buy AriZona in the past?

Oh, and GO ZERO!

Talking

i've noticed more people i work with drinking coke zero & cherry coke zero. we have coca-cola vending machines in my office, but they don't sell coke zero (yet); so, people are bringing in their own (i've got mine hidden all around the office).

also, the other day some girl mentioned in casual conversation how she tried cherry coke zero at a party and how she wouldn't have known it was diet if someone hadn't told her. the other lady was skeptical and said "you guys just don't know what the real stuff tastes like..."

but the both of us reassured her how good coke zero tastes.