Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What brand do you miss most?

Think back to your childhood or anywhere in your past. What brand/flavor of drink you miss the most? We're not talking about recent Coke or Pepsi products that flopped, but actual brands that are long forgotten or flavors that worked really well for that brand.

For me, I remember growing up and going to the store to get Kentucky Nip cherry julep. I know it's still in production, but no where around here anyway.

My good friend Scott says he misses a beverage called Rondo. (I guess it was around the same time as Mountain Dew)

How about you?
    Last edited by Soda-MN-Good; 04-21-2007 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Misspelled word

Wink

i don't really miss this brand much now... but it was called "cherokee" i think... and it was red and tasted sort of like bubblegum.

vernors was good too--gingerale with a kick. it'd make u sneeze.

Default Long lost brands

I've never heard of Cherokee, but Vernor's is still extremely stong in Michigan. That's where I get my glass bottles. Here in Minneapolis we can only get it in cans at the local grocery stores.

Default Bubble gum flavored soda

If you want a soda that will knock your socks off at how much it tastes like bubble gum. Try Inca Kola from Peru.

Almost like liquid Hubba Bubba bubble gum.

Glass bottles are pretty hard to find in this brand, (I only have a couple) but most Hispanic markets carry it in cans and 2 liters.

Quote Originally Posted by popologist View Post
    ... it was called "cherokee" i think...
    Was it Cherikee Red?

For missed flavor, it's Fanta Red Cream.

For missed brand, Original New York Seltzer, & Patio, which I only was able to try the orange, good stuff.
    Life is too short to drink crummy sodas...

Grape Nehi
    Yes I know; it's still produced by a few small bottlers.
    I have not had it in ages. One of my first soda pop
    defining A-List drinks,gosh I so miss it.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Quote Originally Posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker View Post
    Was it Cherikee Red?
    yeah. that looks like it, but... i don't remember it being cherry. it tasted like bubblegum to me... unless i'm getting it mixed up with something else.

i remember something called cheerwine too... which sort of tasted like cherry coke or dr pepper.

I have two that I miss.
    First and foremost is Schweppes ginger beer. It was not easy to find back when I used to get it in the early 70s. Now I can’t even find a reference to it anywhere, it’s as if it never existed.

The next is yet another ginger beer, not nearly as good but still I liked it.
    Old Tyme Ginger beer.

Default Grape Nehi

A few bottlers are still bottling Nehi in glass and plastic. More flavors are offered in plastic than in glass, I know in glass you can get grape, strawberry and peach. Plastic wise I've seen it in blue and a few other colors that I didn't know the exact flavors.

Cheerwine is still very strong on the east coast, mostly North and South Carolina. I had a bottle the other day, very strong on the cherry and subtle on the cola, whereas the big dogs are more cola than cherry. Reminded me of ordering a cherry cola from the fountain.