Bevboard

Thread: Dark Dog

Question Dark Dog

Hey, has any one tried Dark Dog? How popular is it? I just heard about it and was wondering. I don't see it in the US yet.

Dark dog has been around a long time. It taste like an energy drink. The can has no shelf appeal and it doesn’t sell.

Dark dog is a dog.

Had one yesterday. A major Quebec beer distributor has the rights to it and just brought it in. It tastes like a better version of Red Bull. First Red Bull type flavor I've really enjoyed.

It's not a real energy drink though. It's a "guarana" drink. Nothing else. So in conclusion: Red Bull type flavor, 8.4oz, european import, no real "energy" ingredients other than Guarana, ugly can, overpriced = dog.

How can you say it isn't a real energy drink because it has guarana in it???
    Guarana is a form of caffeine. It is a stimulant that affects the Central nervous system while also having thermogenic as well as diuretic effects.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Maybe they’ve changed the formula for Canadian distribution but I’m pretty sure it used to have all the same energy drink stuff as the other euro imports.

Someone somewhere must be buying this stuff, it’s been around a long time. But it sure doesn’t sell anywhere around here.

Thanks for the replies.
    I've heard that it is better than Red Bull. It will be interesting to see if it comes to the US and how it will compare to the ones on the market already.

Dark Dog has been in and out of the US market several times. It's a bit sweetener tasting than Red Bull...kind of like many straight European imports.
    The BevNET Staff