Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BevNet reviews

Thumbs down BevNet reviews

I have been browsing some of the reviews lately and is it just me or does BevNet never expect much from a new beverage? I just glanced over a few of the Jone's Soda Reviews, as well as a few others, and quite a few of them start with, "We weren't really expecting much from this one...", or "Looks were definately deceiving with this one..."

Do they just not have high hopes for most beverages?

Just a thought.
    Gummi Cola...the best candy ever. Soda and candy in one hit.

Thumbs down

you're not the first one to complain about their reviews.

they lost all cred with me when they gave coke zero a mediocre review. almost everyone else agrees that coke zero tastes great. everyone, that is, but bevnet. if they can't get something so obvious correct, why would i trust them with anything else...?

What’s the difference? Taste is very subjective.
    Many of the products bevnet likes I hate and vise versa.
    Whoopee soda is just awful stuff but bevnet likes so what.
    A bevnet review doesn’t make or break a product, if it did then red bull out of business.

BTW there is a section for chat about bevnet reviews.
    Beverage Reviews (1 Viewing)
    Don't agree with one of our beverage reviews? Discuss it here. Let us know your opinion.

My two cents.

Bevnet's reviews are more focused to the trade/industry beverage
    companies,whole salers and retailers. It's hard to explain, maybe a fellow
    board mate could chime in?
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Default Bottom Line...

I understand BevNet is geared towards the industry, but in reality who is keeping the industry going? It is the consumers, the people that buy the drinks are the ones that are ultimately making the decision. If a drink bombs or is a hit, its the consumers that are giving their vote via their pocketbook. If you read BevNets's reviews and then read the reviews that the BevNet users put in, its almost like there were two different drinks being reviewed. More than half the time if not more than three-quarters of the time, BevNet's review is completely different than what the user's/consumers think. I understand taste being subjective, but is there really that much of a difference? BevNet to me has always seemed to have a slant towards independent, low budget bottlers with funky combinations, flavors, or drink name's. I mean where else are you going to find a serious review of a pickle juice soda, ya know? I have always thought BevNet had a vendetta against any new Pepsi or Coke product, and held them up to a higher bar than most other companies. If you are going to review products, then the bar should be held the same for all brands. The bottom line is that the consumers vote with their money, and it seems to me BevNet takes no consideration at all in for that, they have their favorites and it is definately well known what their favorites are. However, I think some people make their buying choices off of reviews, much like some people wait for a movie review before seeing a particular movie, and good press as well as bad press can have a tremendous impact on a drink's success. If I bought soda based on some of the reviews BevNet has made, I would have missed out on a ton of good purchases. Good thing I make my own choices.
    Gummi Cola...the best candy ever. Soda and candy in one hit.

the problem was... they didn't seem to dislike coke zero because of taste... they seemed to dislike it because it was made by coke. (i.e., the reviewer seemed more concerned about zero's packaging/label than taste).

the same often goes for their reviews of pepsi products.

to put it plainly... they seem biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Lepke View Post
    What’s the difference? Taste is very subjective.
    Many of the products bevnet likes I hate and vise versa.
    Whoopee soda is just awful stuff but bevnet likes so what.
    A bevnet review doesn’t make or break a product, if it did then red bull out of business.

BTW there is a section for chat about bevnet reviews.
    Beverage Reviews (1 Viewing)
    Don't agree with one of our beverage reviews? Discuss it here. Let us know your opinion.

Coke products are second rate ( engineered to make max profits at the cost of quality and originality ) so the reviews are correct. If it was not for bevnet we would be a little stupid and the market as exciting as your grand mothers underwear.

If you do not like what you see why not join coke on a "second life" server. I hear they are planning a perfect world of cyber coke addicts. No need to exercise, worry about your health or read beverage reviews.

Cool

sounds like cola-envy...

Thumbs down

here's a perfect example. they just reviewed diet coke plus today.

how much of this review is actually about "taste"? it's mostly just complaints about packaging and assumptions about how it will sell. RIDICULOUS!

Diet Coke Plus - The BevNET.com Review

DITTO
    Bevnet loved (liked) the taste but did not like the lable art. LOL
    In the words of Charlie the Tuna......
    "Do you want a Tuna with good taste (art) or do you
    want a Tuna that tastes good?"
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba