Bevboard

Thumbs down Coca-Cola is messing up. (IMHO)

Why is it that Coca-Cola starts distributing Rockstar, discontinues Rockstar Cola, and then dumps them? It's just not right. Rockstar Cola never even got to where I live! I got to try it once on vacation and I loved it, but I never got another can, how crappy is that? Then there is nos, I like the 22 oz. bottle size of the original flavor. But the other two don't fit. Grape and Fruit Punch compared to mango citrus passion fruit? I quit drinking any kind of grape and fruit punch soda when I was like 8, and even then it wasn't all that great. People like there energy drinks to taste like energy drinks, not like the soda they had when they were little kids.

If there was an ED that tasted like a good soda pop,the ED
    catagory and all the producers of ED's would make tons of money. IMO
    IMO the voulme of sales would approach the soda pop market, maybe even surpass it. IMO....taste is just as important as function.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Coke is not going to distribute cola anything that isn't Coke. That's not rocket science.

Coke didn't drop Rockstar. Coke Consolidated did. Coke is still the master distributor.

I have said before and I will say it again, "When producing Energy Drinks it is difficult to mask the taste of a lot of the raw materials without using tons of sugar".
    To NOS drinker---I have read numerous times on this board and in other periodicals that people are tired of the crappy tatse of standard energy drinks. People don't want their ED's to taste like they do but they have put up with it over the years because that was the only choices available.
    ED makers are making great efforts as well as strides in the choices we have in taste and are only giving the consumer what they want.
    g
    Last edited by greg; 06-04-2007 at 11:19 AM.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Try Howling Monkey Cola if you want and energy drink that tastes like a soda....good stuff

I think the fruit flavored energy drinks are helping. They certainly taste a lot better than the standard Red Bull/Monster style formulations.

Then again, maybe it'll be/become an aqcuired taste like beer or coffee.