Bevboard

Default Bottle Design Needed

Can anyone recommend a bottle designer that works with startups?

Have you looked at getting the mold from overseas, than bringing it over to work with a local bottler. I guess you have to find out what type of machinery the business that produces the bottles works with and what requirements they request with the molds. I found molds from Taiwan are inexpensive.
    Last edited by illusionh20; 06-13-2007 at 04:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by illusionh20 View Post
    Have you looked at getting the mold from overseas, than bringing it over to work with a local bottler. I guess you have to find out what type of machinery the business that produces the bottles works with and what requirements they request with the molds. I found molds from Taiwan are inexpensive.
    Thanks...will look into this. What should I expect in terms of cost of a mold from China?

Quote Originally Posted by illusionh20 View Post
    Why not make your product in China and send more jobs over there? While your at it, I bet we can spend thousands on shipping costs to move the mold from overseas and when we have a problem with it, it has to be sent back or costs extra because you don't have a domestic source. Cheep labor is not the answer to making a mold cheep.

You can build a mold domestically for $5,000 to $7,000 per cavity. Many molders (especally in HDPE or PET) have lower costs than you would think for a mold today. Now if it's in PVC or glass, molds can cost upwards of $10,000 or more per cavity domestically.

Don't believe the hype of cost savings in overseas sourcing. The time and ability ot have a local person to fix molds is invaluable. How would you like if your job was sent overseas?

How would you like if your job was sent overseas?
    I watched a documentary about the Roman empire and local jobs were taken by foreigners. African craftsmen who were far superior in artwork and efficiency were employed by Rome. Globalisation has been happening for ages, the growth of democracy and capitalism worldwide has increased the participation levels. So what was not common is now part of daily life for households and producers.

Is is up to the individual to decide what is best for his business plan. If they do not have a paragraph on the issue of sourcing all product and services from the USA, then he is following his business plan.

You have pointed out some negative points that should be considered in sourcing product from overseas.

Thanks for the reply. I'm on a shoestring budget and looking for a glass mold for a prototype. I just discovered alibaba.com, so I hope to find a good lead there.