Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So Many darn energy drinks!

I was at Woodmans today, and they expanded the energy drink asile about 7 more feet within the last couple of days, and gotten a couple new products (Mad croc and Jolt silver). They also added more Red Bull space, and a little more Full throttle and Rockstar space. But the thing is, there are getting to be so many choices for energy drinks, that it is hard to choose! Is it really nessecary to have like 20 different energy drinks? (I havent actually counted, but i should next time i go there) I walk over to the energy drink section, and it takes me a minute to scan the drinks and figure out which one i want LOL. It is easier at, say, a conveinence store, where they have limited space, so you really only have to choose from Red bull, Full throttle and variations, Rockstar and variations, AMP, and maybe a couple others like bawls or the such. Oh well, enough ranting for now.

My arm chair comment.
    Being what Rob just posted, IMO ED prices will
    will drop. For sure there will be some slow selling dogs
    that will get cleared out. ED customers (us borad mates)
    will reap the rewards LOL IMO
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Zabe View Post
    My arm chair comment.
    Being what Rob just posted, IMO ED prices will
    will drop. For sure there will be some slow selling dogs
    that will get cleared out. ED customers (us borad mates)
    will reap the rewards LOL IMO
    Just to play devil's advocate; perhaps prices will increase. Many retailers are adverse to lowering category profitability and new brands are proving that you can take the price up and be successful, ie: Red Line and Xyience. It would seem a better strategy to focus on product quality and ingredients along with efficacy (why buy two for $3.00 when you can get all the energy you need in one can for $2.XX)

Quote Originally Posted by NRGSLLR@ View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate; perhaps prices will increase. Many retailers are adverse to lowering category profitability and new brands are proving that you can take the price up and be successful, ie: Red Line and Xyience. It would seem a better strategy to focus on product quality and ingredients along with efficacy (why buy two for $3.00 when you can get all the energy you need in one can for $2.XX)

AMEN BROTHA!!!!!
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

I think the prices may go down slightly, but I think the greater trend will be towards higher-caffeine formulations.

As long as Red Bull continues to get 3 bucks for a 12 ounce can I am in the money baby !!! Hey Red Bull ...how about a 24 ounce can for 5 bucks!!! In the last 5 years energy prices have continued to edge higher. Bargain brands will sell for less ...high profile brands will continue to sell for higher and higher prices.

Default High prices do not mean more energy

I'm not into paying more than 2 bucks for an energy drink. Sure maybe a redline or a Spike shooter every once in a while but thats more of a shot to me than a drink. Half of a redline is all I need and it's not what I consider an everyday drink. I don't think Redline will be a mainstream drink like monster or red bull either since it is too potent. Xyience! I don't think so. Xyience is not near worth the money. I get more energy from a 1$ Rip it than from a Xyience. I would never pay what they ask for a Red Bull. i think it is not a good value at all. Of course 80% of all people are idiots though so Red Bull will continue to sell the most. Higher price I have discovered does not mean a better energy drink.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by scum1 View Post
    I'm not into paying more than 2 bucks for an energy drink. Sure maybe a redline or a Spike shooter every once in a while but thats more of a shot to me than a drink. Half of a redline is all I need and it's not what I consider an everyday drink. I don't think Redline will be a mainstream drink like monster or red bull either since it is too potent. Xyience! I don't think so. Xyience is not near worth the money. I get more energy from a 1$ Rip it than from a Xyience. I would never pay what they ask for a Red Bull. i think it is not a good value at all. Of course 80% of all people are idiots though so Red Bull will continue to sell the most. Higher price I have discovered does not mean a better energy drink.

I think you just spoke for half the world, good word. IMO...Red Line is really not an ED. RL claims to be a fat incinerator and applies the ingredients to it for the effect they claim to make, I believe this would make it a diet or weight loss product (not for everyone). They claim a ultimate energy rush but don't call it an ED because I believe they can't, good job on the marketing trying to pass it as an ED and i know it must be harder to compete within your own category being a diet product and all....IMO. Xyience is not worth it but I don't think Rip it is worth a buck...IMO.
    CJ <br />Business relations

Quote Originally Posted by deepnenergy View Post
    I think you just spoke for half the world, good word. IMO...Red Line is really not an ED. RL claims to be a fat incinerator and applies the ingredients to it for the effect they claim to make, I believe this would make it a diet or weight loss product (not for everyone). They claim a ultimate energy rush but don't call it an ED because I believe they can't, good job on the marketing trying to pass it as an ED and i know it must be harder to compete within your own category being a diet product and all....IMO. Xyience is not worth it but I don't think Rip it is worth a buck...IMO.

Why do you always say that REDLINE is not really an ED??? Just because we have fat burning properties in the drink does not make it a fat loss product alone. I have one ingredient that promotes fat loss through metabolism manipulation and for the most part the rest are pure stimulants.
    Caffeine, Tyrosine, Yerba Mate, Green Tea, Yohimbine are all used as a catalyst for energy use.
    Besides, my bottle says right on it REDLINE- The Ultimate Energy Rush.
    And what do you mean try to "Pass" it as an ED? I gaurantee you that my drink can give more energy than 95% of any ED on the market. The only reason I say 95 is because I am sure there must be at least 5% of the market I have no clue about.

You have no idea the concept behind REDLINE. REDLINE was engineered as a pre-workout energy drink that also burns fat while using it. It was not meant for your mother to sip on while watching soap operas hoping she would burn some fat off her. It was meant to be used as energy for intense workouts and to maintain a high intensity fat burning heart rate so that body builders and training athletes can get a good workout and maintain lean muscle mass without having to either a) ingest high amounts of sugar b) ingest high amounts of other simple carbs, or c) would not have to go into a catabolic state while working out to burn fat stores.

Go invent your energy drink and bring it to market already . I am tired of you bashing my drink because it doesn't fit into your pre-described definition of an energy drink that is now almost 15 years old.
    I have news for you....The Sugar ,Taurine, caffeine thing is over. People are looking for more energy with less fat accumulation.
    It has been proven that energy drinks with sugar in them create an environment for increased fat storage both during and after use. This means that ever meal you eat after you drink a regular energy drink, if you are a regular consumer, has the propensity to store fat with simple carbs and even some complex carbs due to the lack of the caffeine to stimulate the metabolism to burn the extra sugars. Hence,the body eventually gets to a state where it stores fat so effeciently that even when drinking a regular ED the caffeine loses it affect.

And I'm not concerned about competing in "my own category" as you put it. REDLINE is the #1 Selling ED in GNC and the #1 Selling Product in The VItamin Shoppe. I have been picked up from 300 stores in Wal-Mart to now over 3000 while having my drink sit in the Diet and NUTRITION section.
    The natural progression of any brand is to grow the brand. REDLINE has grown to include total distribution in California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, Florida, New York, Most of Texas, all of Michigan, All of NW, and throughout Boston. Furthermore we also have an International Version that is sold in Europe, The UAB, Saudia Arabia, Egypt, Poland, The Czech Republic, and other eastern European countries.
    Currently we are working on Growth in Australia.

REDLINE is not afraid to compete with anyone. I will place my drink up against anyones any day. I may not win them all but I will win some. My numbers over the last 2 years have proven that REDLINE is a competitor, and it's not because I am giving away product to get it into distributors hands. I am bringing them a good product that has legs, taste good, has zero calories, works, and makes everyone money.
    Last edited by greg; 06-11-2007 at 05:48 PM.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Why do you always say that REDLINE is not really an ED??? Just because we have fat burning properties in the drink does not make it a fat loss product alone. I have one ingredient that promotes fat loss through metabolism manipulation and for the most part the rest are pure stimulants.
    Caffeine, Tyrosine, Yerba Mate, Green Tea, Yohimbine are all used as a catalyst for energy use.
    Besides, my bottle says right on it REDLINE- The Ultimate Energy Rush.
    And what do you mean try to "Pass" it as an ED? I gaurantee you that my drink can give more energy than 95% of any ED on the market. The only reason I say 95 is because I am sure there must be at least 5% of the market I have no clue about.

You have no idea the concept behind REDLINE. REDLINE was engineered as a pre-workout energy drink that also burns fat while using it. It was not meant for your mother to sip on while watching soap operas hoping she would burn some fat off her. It was meant to be used as energy for intense workouts and to maintain a high intensity fat burning heart rate so that body builders and training athletes can get a good workout and maintain lean muscle mass without having to either a) ingest high amounts of sugar b) ingest high amounts of other simple carbs, or c) would not have to go into a catabolic state while working out to burn fat stores.

Go invent your energy drink and bring it to market already . I am tired of you bashing my drink because it doesn't fit into your pre-described definition of an energy drink that is now almost 15 years old.
    I have news for you....The Sugar ,Taurine, caffeine thing is over. People are looking for more energy with less fat accumulation.
    It has been proven that energy drinks with sugar in them create an environment for increased fat storage both during and after use. This means that ever meal you eat after you drink a regular energy drink, if you are a regular consumer, has the propensity to store fat with simple carbs and even some complex carbs due to the lack of the caffeine to stimulate the metabolism to burn the extra sugars. Hence,the body eventually gets to a state where it stores fat so effeciently that even when drinking a regular ED the caffeine loses it affect.

And I'm not concerned about competing in "my own category" as you put it. REDLINE is the #1 Selling ED in GNC and the #1 Selling Product in The VItamin Shoppe. I have been picked up from 300 stores in Wal-Mart to now over 3000 while having my drink sit in the Diet and NUTRITION section.
    The natural progression of any brand is to grow the brand. REDLINE has grown to include total distribution in California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, Florida, New York, Most of Texas, all of Michigan, All of NW, and throughout Boston. Furthermore we also have an International Version that is sold in Europe, The UAB, Saudia Arabia, Egypt, Poland, The Czech Republic, and other eastern European countries.
    Currently we are working on Growth in Australia.

REDLINE is not afraid to compete with anyone. I will place my drink up against anyones any day. I may not win them all but I will win some. My numbers over the last 2 years have proven that REDLINE is a competitor, and it's not because I am giving away product to get it into distributors hands. I am bringing them a good product that has legs, taste good, has zero calories, works, and makes everyone money.

Now Greg I have never bashed your brand and I don't know where that is coming from. but the statement was I do not believe you can call it an ED BUT I could be wrong and am willing to admit it. You seem stressed out as far as FULL distribution that would be a false since I am on the west coast and only can find you in GNC but I will say you do well there. So you know I have stores that would sell your stuff but your DSD here won't come to their stores and NO they are not in the boonies. As far as my ED the ideas are there but not the money and until then I will be happy to wait on the other hand I am with an EB now that is doing well. And even though your strong words saying I Bash you all the time I still think RL is a good diet drink.....

AND AS I SAID (NOT FOR EVERYONE) IN YOUR WORDS.......
    You have no idea the concept behind REDLINE. REDLINE was engineered as a pre-workout energy drink that also burns fat while using it. It was not meant for your mother to sip on while watching soap operas hoping she would burn some fat off her. It was meant to be used as energy for intense workouts and to maintain a high intensity fat burning heart rate so that body builders and training athletes can get a good workout and maintain lean muscle mass without having to either a) ingest high amounts of sugar b) ingest high amounts of other simple carbs, or c) would not have to go into a catabolic state while working out to burn fat stores

Also I don't say that what worked 15 years ago works today, I'm the one that keeps asking the question why are people following RB when making their own.....read my post
    CJ
    Last edited by deepnenergy; 06-11-2007 at 06:19 PM.
    CJ <br />Business relations