Bevboard


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    81

    Default vitaminwater and coke

    does anybody know when coke is going to start distributing vitaminwater? or have they already started? And does anybody know if Coke will start distributing it internationally ASAP (more specifically, Canada)
    thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Francisco / Los Angeles
    Posts
    1

    Default

    "Glaceau will operate as a separate business unit within Coca-Cola's North America segment." This is all they really said at foxnews.com

    Also something about the deal will be done by end of summer...so who knows? I assume they will utilize Coca Cola's distribution as Im sure it is alot more efficient and has far greater distribution coverage then they had before.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    4,790

    Default

    Coke closed on the 70% of the company owned by the founders and investors.. they are going to buy the other 30% that is currently owned by Tata by the end of the year.

    It may take a while for vitaminwater to get into the Coke bottling system, considering that some contracts were just renewed. It may take a few years. There has also been talk that some existing distributors may be kept in place, if they are doing a good job with the brand.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Coke reps are telling customers September up my way. I don't think it will take as long as people think, they need the added boost in the northeast. Pepsi is very strong here.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    4,790

    Default

    They already have it in some areas.. CCE is set to take over distribution 11/5, except in markets where it is distributed by Honickman (Mid-Atlantic), Big Geyser (NYC), Haralambos (Los Angeles), Kalil (Arizona), and John Lenore (San Diego).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,752

    Smile

    there was a front page article on this on bevnet. here it is:
    http://www.bevnet.com/news/2007/08-3...an_glaceau.asp

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    4,790

    Default

    Vitaminwater and Smartwater set to launch in Australia this month.

    vitaminwater — now available in Australia
    Last edited by fusion; 02-24-2008 at 03:05 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Aguascalientes, Ags. Mexico
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    The same is happening with Del Valle Juices here, although Del Valle is now property of Coca-Cola, Del Valle juices is still operating as a separated business... but I don't know if this will change in the next days...
    Last edited by Ram0n C0keah0lic; 02-26-2008 at 01:53 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Walkersville, MD
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Of course now that Coke has control they will surely start eliminating flavors and substituting HFCS for the cane sugar.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Posts
    80

    Default

    do you think it'll taste different? I've read that sugar and hfcs are hard to differentiate flavor-wise, and have about the same effects.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •