Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default DP Bottling Company of West Jeferson, NC

I found these 12oz glass bottles in Phenix City, AL today, they also had Peach Nehi and A&W rootbeer.

The side oh the bottle does NOT list HFCS it lists just "Sugar" -- would this mean it was made with pure sugar? Oh wait, found this, look what Wikipedia just said..

Although Dublin Dr Pepper is the most widely known cane sugar Dr Pepper product, it is not exclusive in this respect. Three other U.S. bottlers are confirmed to use cane sugar to this day, two of which are also located in Texas. These bottlers are Temple Bottling Company of Temple, Texas, ABTEX Bottling of Abilene, Texas and West Jefferson Dr Pepper of West Jefferson, NC.
    Like that shows was bottled at the Dr. Pepper Bottling Company, West Jefferson, NC 28694.

That's awesome, I found RC Cola, Sun Drop, Peach Nehi, Sun Drop, and A&W rootbeer made with cane sugar!!

GlassBottleSoda.org - West Jefferson Dr Pepper

does anyone know how far these are distributed, like if they go into Virginia at all

You can buy the drinks by the case at the bottling plant. The price is much lower that way.

They don't distribute in Virginia, but other distributors in Virginia buy from them. I've found their stuff as far north as Warsaw.

Virginia is a big state - so you need to be more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    They don't distribute in Virginia, but other distributors in Virginia buy from them. I've found their stuff as far north as Warsaw.

Virginia is a big state - so you need to be more specific.
    Could i get it anywhere in Newport news or Va Beach?

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    They don't distribute in Virginia
    They do distribute into Virginia, but only border areas of Grayson Co. (just north of here). I have no idea if there's a re-seller in the Tidewater area.
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

Thanks for the correction.

Virginia Beach Beverages is the 3rd tier in southeastern VA - they're actually a subsidiary of the Pepsi bottler in Charlottesville (Pepsi Shenandoah). H&H in Urbanna VA does distribute WJ longnecks, but that's a bit of a drive north of the area you're talking about.

Canada Dry Potomac is the 3rd tier west of Franklin (on 58). I don't think they carry WJ stuff, either.

The closest I personally remember seeing them is off of 81, south of Staunton, other than the H&H territory. I buy them all the time at the Buy Rite in Warsaw.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DNL Lover View Post
    does anyone know how far these are distributed
    This depends...some bottlers get their supply from them. The Sun-Drop bottler in Shawano, WI only bottles with returnables. They also sell non-returnable glass bottles from WJDP.

I need to get my hands on some of the glass Dr. Pepper bottles, can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by amyers View Post
    I need to get my hands on some of the glass Dr. Pepper bottles
    I think you need to take a road trip to NC or Texas!