Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question when do we get caffeine-free coke zero?

i can drink coke zero all day, but... not too close to bedtime. so, when is coke going to reward us with caffeine-free coke zero? are there any rumors?

Ironically, I was in Super WalMart last night and saw what I thought was Caffeine Free Coke Zero from FAR away. I hustled over to the shelf only to discover it was actually new packaging for the reg Caffeine Free Coke. After all that heart-racing, I didn't need the caffeine

Dunno, When is Dr. Pepper going to make a Zero equivalent?

Shall we run a pool on which will happen first?
    I have 12 packs in my fridge, closet, trunk, and occasionally in random locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana211 View Post
    Dunno, When is Dr. Pepper going to make a Zero equivalent?
    Why would they bother? unless it's just a name change. Diet Dr Pepper already tastes pretty darn good and is pretty similar to the original drink.
    Not like Diet Coke which doesn't taste like Coke at all and CZ which does.
    -Andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

This is bazaar.
    People rushing over in the hopes of finding caffeine free coke zero as if it’s a great find.
    It’s bad enough the stuff taste awful but now you want to take out the only refreshing quality the product had.

Are you people old, infirmed or diabetic? Why would you want to drink diet soda anyway? Who drinks caffeine free colas?

Do you people sit down at the table with a big piece of cake or greasy French fries and drink diet soda?

The funniest thing is people who eat high fat high calorie foods with a diet coke.

If you are going to take out the sugar and replace it with some nasty artificial sweetener and then take out the caffeine then why drink cola at all?

If you need to get excited at the prospect caffeine free coke zero then you should get a life.

Caffeine free coke zero would have zero redeeming qualities. As it is caffeine is the only thing the product has going for it.

Thumbs up

i agree with android. "zero" is a coke thing. and, like he said, most people think diet dr pepper tastes good the way it is. in fact, until coke zero and cherry coke zero came out, diet dr pepper was probably the best tasting major label sugar-free soda.

i hope we see a caffeine-free coke zero sometime this year.

Lepke, has it ever occurred to you that maybe some people like the taste of cola, and Coke Zero in particular? And that some people may want to be able to enjoy that taste without getting a "buzz"? For you, the caffeine may be the only redeeming quality, but for me, it's the one thing that keeps me from being a regular Coke Zero drinker.

Also, I don't always drink Coke Zero with unhealthy food, and when I do, it's not because I think it'll magically make the meal healthy. I just don't feel the need to consume more empty calories from a liquid, and am glad there's a way to enjoy the Coke taste I love without those calories.

Maybe you're the one who needs to "get a life" if you're getting all riled up over something as silly as what people choose to drink. By the way, it's "bizarre", not "bazaar".

I for one pretty much agree with Lepke.
    I would also say that each to his own.
    Chill. LOL I consider myself smart but I spell
    like a 8 year old. LOL
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Wink

coke zero tastes like regular coke to me... especially with food. so i don't even bother buying regular coke anymore. so, really, i don't even see it as a compromise. i just like coke zero.

as for a caffeine-free version.... no, i am not diabetic, or old, or sick. but, there are lots of americans who are, and they, too, might need a caffeine free version. there are a lot of people with health conditions, where it is recommended that they not drink caffeine.

finally... after reading lepke's post... i might suggest he cut down on the caffeine a little. what was THAT about?!?

I see something of a demand for other caffiene-free sodas out there, not a big demand but some. Me, when I'm working, it's 7 days straight of 12 hour shifts and when I get home from work I don't do a whole lot more than just sleep. So before I go to bed, I don't drink anything with caffeine in it. So I'll drink things like diet root beer, diet 7-up, and caffeine-free diet Dr Pepper. If they had a Caffiene Free Coke Cherry Zero I'd probably try it, but that would be about the only time I think I'd drink it.
    -Andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!