Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pigeon Forge, TN

can you get ski and double cola in Pigeon Forge, TN and what stores sell it. i have never had either and i am going there in august.

Not that I remember... I was there last year, and I couldn't believe how overdeveloped the area was.

WOW....I have not seen (Chicago) a RC machine in such a long time.
    Cool picture. Gee, looking at all the pictures on this board sure does
    get me thirsty. LOL
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Not that I remember... I was there last year, and I couldn't believe how overdeveloped the area was.
    Overdeveloped is right. I live in the next county and I only go there when the weather is just right (preferably snowing so the roads don't have as many cars on them).

I've never seen a ski cola or double cola but that doesn't mean much. We have tons of stores. You are talking a metropolitan area (9 counties) with over 1 million people + tourists and interstate traffic (I-40 and I-75 converge here and I don't count truckers and businessmen as tourists).

You'll have Food City, Super Walmart, Krogers, Ingles, and a few others to check at the least if you think a grocery store would carry it. There is a nearly infinite supply of restaurants and convenience stores here.

Knoxville, Maryville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg. Between the 4 cities/towns all so close you should be able to find most anything you need even if it is an import. The trouble is finding the small shops that handle imports...
    I have 12 packs in my fridge, closet, trunk, and occasionally in random locations.

thanks for your help i cant wait. i forgot can you get sundrop around murphy nc.

I was in Sevierville and Pigeon Forge for a week ending on July 29. Here's some of the stuff of interest I found:

The little bottle of Dr Pepper came from a Coke Collectables store on
    Route 66 just outside downtown Sevierville (Exit 407 off I-40). The store sells Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and Dr. Pepper out of a vintage bottle vending machine.
    I didn't know CCE produced 8-oz Dr Pepper.
    The RC in glass is a bit of a mystery, as the cap
    says it's from Peru.
    I'm thinking the bottler got the wrong shipment of
    caps. Got the half liter RCs and Zeros at Wally World...maybe not
    so exciting, but to us in Connecticut, RC in any kind of container is
    noteworthy . And that's one of the fancy Mountain Dew aluminum bottles
    I got at a Pilot. Didn't see Ski or Double, though...
    Last edited by No Soda; 08-01-2007 at 09:05 PM.
    Drink responsibly....drink soda!

The RC cola in the glass bottle is from West Jefferson, NC. I bought a case of RC there last year, and all of the bottles had the "Peru" caps. I was told later that the WJ bottling plant had been running low on branded caps and opted to use the "Peru" caps instead of using unlabeled caps on the RC.

(For what it's worth, the WJ plant was forced to use blank gold-colored caps on its Sun Drop and Diet Sun Drop bottles for a part of last year.)

Quote Originally Posted by CitrusCola View Post
    The RC cola in the glass bottle is from West Jefferson, NC. I bought a case of RC there last year, and all of the bottles had the "Peru" caps. I was told later that the WJ bottling plant had been running low on branded caps and opted to use the "Peru" caps instead of using unlabeled caps on the RC.

(For what it's worth, the WJ plant was forced to use blank gold-colored caps on its Sun Drop and Diet Sun Drop bottles for a part of last year.)
    Thanks, Citrus...that's what I thought about the RC caps. Though hard to see in my photo, the Welch's Grape has one of the plain caps.
    Drink responsibly....drink soda!

Quote Originally Posted by wonkapete View Post

is this anything similar?