Bevboard

Default NY Seltzer -- is it really back in production?

Have heard some claims that it's back, but haven't actually seen the product. Does it exist? HFCS or sugar this time around?
    The BevNET Staff

Yes I have seen it. In Michigan in 16oz glass. Seen both Diet and Regular. Can't recall what diet was sweetened with but regular was HFCS. I'll poke around and see if I saved any bottles to see he bottled it.
    If it\'s in glass, it probably kicks a@*

I saw it at biglots the other day. I diddnt really check the sweetners or anything though.

I found this picture dated June 1, 2007 on Yahoo images

Yahoo! Image Detail for static.flickr.com/252/525733252_5e2eee932e_m.jpg

Saw it at Big Lots as well.

Yes, I saw it at Big Lots too, I haven't looked at the sweeteners, I'll check.

I'm drinking a Raspberry one now. I bought it at Big Lots. Ingredients include sugar, ace-K and sucralose. The label, glass bottle and metal screw top are all like I remember from the mid-to-late 1980's. I always used to drink raspberry and IIRC it was clear. It is now red and sweeter than I remember.

Default New York Seltzer Sweetner

I bought a 4 pack of Strawberry at Big Lots a couple weeks ago and was very dissapointed because it has no sugar. It's bascially a diet drink with Splenda (sucralose) for sweetner. Has a really bad diet drink aftertaste.

Is there more than one formula of these? I'm curious as to how some of you are getting it with sugar. Glassbottlesrule, did the diet one you had say "DIET" on it? My bottle doesn't say "diet" anywhere on it, but it does say "5 calories per serving" which might indicate diet.

Also, the website on the bottle www.newyorkseltzer.net does not work. That and the fact that its being sold at Big Lots indicates to me that it's history.