Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default New 20 oz. Coke bottle

Found a pic of a Diet Coke plus in the new 20 oz. bottle at flickr... it looks similar to the one we have of 600 ml Coke Zero... does anybody have the new bottles in your area?

Default We dont have them yet...

but we are going to them on all flavors. Its sorta like a Vault bottle, but a little more squatier. I believe its going to roll out in the fall. We had to get a list of stores together that still had necktracker, because the bottle will not fit in them.

Found another pic of the new 20 oz. bottle

From the pics it does not really look like the contour bottle anymore, it looks like the bottom is smaller than the top. We will get used to it though i'm sure. It was the same way when the plastic contour bottles first came out in 1993 or 1992 I forget. Kinda looks more like a sports drink bottle.

We have had the new 20 OZ. bottle in Portland OR. for almost two months.

I was in L.A. last month and was surprised that they did not have the new bottle yet

In addition we have had a new cap on the 20 OZ. and 1 LTR. Bottles that looks like an old bottle cap.

It is plastic of course and a little shorter in profile to the old style cap.

The cap showed up several months ago on the regular style bottle before the new bottle came out.

They are probably similar to the new plastic bottles that Nestle-Ozarka water are now using. They had a big ad printed on the shrinkwrap on the last 24 pack I bought saying these new bottles use 30% less plastic than their older bottles. I like them, they are easier for kids with small hands to get a grip on.
    Last edited by billygtexas; 07-28-2007 at 07:44 AM.

Coke also uses grip bottles for Powerade now.

Look what showed up on MCR (My Coke Rewards) today..

Quote Originally Posted by amyers View Post
    Look what showed up on MCR (My Coke Rewards) today..

Cool amyers! I'm gonna check it right now! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rackitup View Post
    We have had the new 20 OZ. bottle in Portland OR. for almost two months.

I was in L.A. last month and was surprised that they did not have the new bottle yet

In addition we have had a new cap on the 20 OZ. and 1 LTR. Bottles that looks like an old bottle cap.

It is plastic of course and a little shorter in profile to the old style cap.

The cap showed up several months ago on the regular style bottle before the new bottle came out.
    Same with Seattle; our 20-oz Coke comes from Oregon.

We've had those new caps since December. Another thing about them is that the inside threading is different. Forget about using one to replace the missing cap from your Pepsi bottle becuase they'll only work on certain Coke bottles.

Swire has had the new bottles for about as long as Seattle. They also changed to the new caps a couple months ago, but only at the Idaho plant from what I have seen.

Lehrkind's Coke in Montana switched to the new bottles and caps just a few weeks ago.