Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Seattle - MEXICAN COKE cases @ Costco

Just back from Federal Way Costco where they have Mexican Coke 355ml bottles to buy in cases of 24 for $17.99

Get 'em while they're there.

dave

¡Buen Provecho!

Default Would you?

Would you mind sending me some if I paid? No sign of it at Costco here in Utah.
    Gummi Cola...the best candy ever. Soda and candy in one hit.

It's boggling my mind why Coca Cola here in the US will not make a cane sugared version of Coke Classic. There is enough of a demanded, where now large stores such as Costco and Wal Mart are bringing cases in from importers.
    Are local Coke reps doing enough to get a US made cane sugar version on the market?

I believe more Coca-Cola bottlers will make the switch after Jan. 1st when the Sugar tariffs are lifted and Mexican sugar will invade the market. Corn Syrup is quickly becoming too expensive to use and I predict that when the contacts with ADM come up for renewal they will make the switch. I say this as I sit here drinking an Arbarta Sucrose Coca-Cola Cherry. I heard from a CCE driver that the Mexican Coke in the NR bottlers is not coming from Importers but actually CCE is importing it themselves.
    Last edited by bigrich; 07-27-2007 at 12:23 AM.

my wife HATES the sugar in glass coke. She prefers the cans as they seem to have that alum. can twang... heheh

dave

Sounds like your wife is a real classy woman. You just can't beat the aluminum flavor from an honest to goodness can!
    THUS SAITH THE KANKING: If it's not in an Aluminum can, It should go in the garbage can!

I contribute to a site called upcdatabase.com. In their latest submissions, they have a 16.9oz Mexican Coke UPC. standard 12 digit American UPC with 049000 as the first six digits.

UPC Database: Item Record

Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    I contribute to a site called upcdatabase.com. In their latest submissions, they have a 16.9oz Mexican Coke UPC. standard 12 digit American UPC with 049000 as the first six digits.

UPC Database: Item Record
    Does this confirm what bigrich mentioned earlier?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrich View Post
    I heard from a CCE driver that the Mexican Coke in the NR bottlers is not coming from Importers but actually CCE is importing it themselves.

Somewhat.. but to me it speaks more about Coke actually allowing the stuff to be produced in Mexico expressly for sale in the USA. (not that I am saying that is what they are doing, but it sure feels like it).