Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vernors Ale

Thumbs down Vernors Ale

Are there any people out there who actually like VERNORS or DT VERNORS ale? I LOVE Canada Dry, and even a couple of the store brands out there, but VERNS?!
    I hate even being at work on the days we make the stuff...
    Your eyes burn, after taking a few breathes, you start to feel a burning, tickling sensation that causes a constant cough.
    I can't even begin to describe the smell. If a bottle busts and leaks, that's pretty bad. But when it's concentrated, emitting it's toxic fumes, waiting to be bottled...
    I think they have to repaint the walls, the vernors fumes cause the paint to bubble and flake off...
    I think the only people that buy the stuff are those wishing to unclog a drain because it probably does a better job than drain-o.
    Just a random question...

Default Tastless

Next time, stay with the kiddie drinks,

Vernor's is a unique soda.. nothing like the run of the mill ginger ales such as Seagram's, Schweppes, and Canada Dry.

Personally, I think it's awesome, and I always buy some 12oz glass longnecks of it when I am in Ohio (I usually find it at the West Point Market in Akron or Jungle Jim's in Fairfield).

I love Vernors, Reminds me of my childhood.

I saw a "By special request" sign by a few cases of Vernors Ale today at Publix. I guess some people do want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Next time, stay with the kiddie drinks,
    Everyone, including me, are entitled to their opinions.
    Obviously there are people out there buying it (though not many) to sustain the production and sale of the product.
    As far as 'kiddie' drinks...what would you consider that to be?
    SF R*, Caramel Creme Pepsi, and Cinnabon Coffees are my current favs (besides the obvious DP) are these 'kiddie' drinks?
    What are 'adult' drinks suppose to taste like? Name a few so I will know.

Vernors may not be for everybody but it is a popular drink in Michigan where it came from. It's actually not that uncommon to even find it in restraurants on tap here.

Can't say I have tried it or even heard of it till now. Is Washington DC last on the list for everything?

I can't stick up for Vernors or Seagrams. IMHO old Ale81 (a late one) is by far the most natural tasting ginger ale. Everyone has a different idea of what a ginger ale should or should not be. As far as beverages go, ginger ales vary the greatest in crossbrand taste in my opinion, as much if not more than colas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I guess part of it comes down to whether you like a drier, lighter ginger ale or a darker, heavier, sweeter ginger ale. I love Vernors and Diet Vernors, and know many others who also do. But I grew up on it and have liked it forever.
    I like new, weird colas