Bevboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vernors Ale

Vernor's is awesome. Canada dry is a watered down imitation of ginger ale imho.

Regular Vernors Ginger Ale and Regular Dr. Pepper are my two favorite sodas
    And I was born; raised; and still live in Michigan.
    So I guess Vernors is a Michigan and/or east coast thing...

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

I really like Vernors Ginger Ale. Everyone I have given it to to try has really liked it as well. Of course my mother is from Michigan and she introduced it to us. It definitely has a strong unique taste. It's good stuff.

Vernors rocks! Its one of the GREAT ginger ales.

My favorites are Canada Dry, Shweppes, and Vernors.

Ale81 is OK...but its too weak. The flavor is good, but it needs more carbonation or something. Ginger ale should have a good *kick* to it. It shouldnt be weak.

Just my opinion of course.

Default Vernors Lover!

I am a die hard Coke brand drinker----except for Vernors. I grew up, up north and love it! When I moved to the Southwest and tryed Schweppes and Canada Dry I almost died. It tastes horrible compared to Vernors.
    I think it is personal preference----but I LOVE it.

I remember when Vernor's was in the yellow can.

I think it is unfair to call Vernors "Ginger Ale". Vernors is Vernors. It is beyond and above the "Ginger Ale" classification.

Quote Originally Posted by parker394 View Post
    I love Vernors, Reminds me of my childhood.
    I saw a "By special request" sign by a few cases of Vernors Ale today at Publix. I guess some people do want it.

I was drinking a bottle of Vernor's just a few minutes ago, yes, I like it, and I noticed that there was a notation on the bottls: "Barrel aged 3 years." What part of the formula is aged 3 years. Surely not the whole mixture, it'd go flat long before 3 years past. What is aged, the syrup? The flavorings? I'm curious.

Steve

Default Vernor's is unique

I agree with the others... Vernor's is a unique and interesting soda. It's got far more bite and characters than most ginger ales. It's more in line with a ginger beer, but not quite there. I can't drink it all the time, but I get a bottle or two a year and prefer it over most any other ginger ales.