Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is Pibb Xtra a hard to find soda?

I ask this because I'm involved in a Secret Santa gift exchange and the person I'm buying for is interested in rare and discontinued sodas. And I've recentely found a lot of Pibb Xtra at my g/f's college campus.

Thanks,
    popados

I guess it just depends on the region because I can still get it pretty easily here in Houston, TX. Kroger, Wal-Mart, etc. stock it for the most part.

IMO, I think, i'm not so sure, that Pibb Xtra isn't hard to find in those territories where Dr. Pepper isn't bottled by the Coca-Cola bottler, for example, where I went to Laredo, TX. I found Pibb Xtra and Pibb Zero, cause Dr. Pepper is bottled there by the C-S Bottler, not by the Coke bottler...
    Last edited by Ram0n C0keah0lic; 11-07-2007 at 07:59 PM.

It's hard to find it here in Muskogee, OK.

What Ram0n said is correct. In areas where Pepsi or an non-Pepsi/non-Coke bottler has the rights to Dr Pepper, the product is common, tempered by the fact that that the "Dr" flavor is much more popular in the south, particularly Texas and Oklahoma, than the north. In areas where Coke has Dr Pepper, it is pretty much unavailable.

Sorry to stray from the topic just a little bit, but do you think Coke would ever change the name back to Mr. Pibb? I know it's a different formula, but NO ONE ever calls it Pibb Xtra. Whenever I'm at a resturant and ask for a Dr Pepper the server will either say, "Mr. Pibb ok?" or, "We don't have Dr Pepper, but we have root beer", which is nothing like DP at all Anyways, it just seems like most people still use the Mr. Pibb name.

Quote Originally Posted by distortedview View Post
    Sorry to stray from the topic just a little bit, but do you think Coke would ever change the name back to Mr. Pibb? I know it's a different formula, but NO ONE ever calls it Pibb Xtra. Whenever I'm at a resturant and ask for a Dr Pepper the server will either say, "Mr. Pibb ok?" or, "We don't have Dr Pepper, but we have root beer", which is nothing like DP at all Anyways, it just seems like most people still use the Mr. Pibb name.
    Quoting Andy Samberg: "Mr. Pibb and Red Vines equals Crazy Delicious!"

I am not sure where you are at in Ohio but Pibb Xtra is availalbe at Kroger and at Rally's here in Dayton...I think that it is regionally availalble in Ohio but I could never find it when I was in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Popados View Post
    I ask this because I'm involved in a Secret Santa gift exchange and the person I'm buying for is interested in rare and discontinued sodas. And I've recentely found a lot of Pibb Xtra at my g/f's college campus.

Thanks,
    popados
    I am looking for Mello Yello in glass bottles and Diet Mello Yello in can or bottle...if you find them let me know where you got them, thank you in advance.

I live in PA and the only place I've ever seen Mr. Pibb is @ wendys :P

I've NEVER seen Pibb Xtra in any part of the state of New York I've been to... and I live there!