Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Coke Zero, now in aluminium bottle! (US)

Check this out! Coke Classic and Coke Zero in 8.5 oz. aluminium bottle, I found the pic at Cokefans.com, have you seen this bottles in U.S. before?

Last edited by Ram0n C0keah0lic; 12-12-2007 at 03:56 AM.

Does it say they are from the US?

Quote Originally Posted by amyers View Post
    Does it say they are from the US?
    In the site says that, plus U.S. and Canada are the two only markets where the word "zero" has that script... and they can't be from Canada because the Coke cans from there have the net weight in "mL", not in "fl. oz."...

CokeFans.com ü - [] new alluminum bottle zero coke from usa
    CokeFans.com ü - [] new alluminum bottle NORMAL coke from usa
    Last edited by Ram0n C0keah0lic; 12-12-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Can anyone read the writing on the neck of the Zero bottle? I see 13:44 but can not make out what is below.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Wow... They should stick to the Classic Glass bottle

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ram0n C0keah0lic View Post
    Check this out! Coke Classic and Coke Zero in 8.5 oz. aluminium bottle, I found the pic at Cokefans.com, have you seen this bottles in U.S. before?

wow!!! those are AWESOME!!!

do you think they will cost a lot more?

those are so cool. BIG thumbs up!

Seems to me like Coke might be making an intentional turn away from by-the-numbers nostalgia here. They've reshaped the little glasss NR bottles a couple of years ago, they've reshaped the PET plastic, they went with those "1899" bottles right now, which, while nostalgic, aren't something that anyone actually remembers enough to push the mental nostalgia button. And now these little aluminum bottles. All in all, it seems to me they are trying to refine their image maybe - maybe trying to make the consumer public's memory of the classic Coke bottle design somewhat "fuzzier".
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Android View Post
    Seems to me like Coke might be making an intentional turn away from by-the-numbers nostalgia here. They've reshaped the little glasss NR bottles a couple of years ago, they've reshaped the PET plastic, they went with those "1899" bottles right now, which, while nostalgic, aren't something that anyone actually remembers enough to push the mental nostalgia button. And now these little aluminum bottles. All in all, it seems to me they are trying to refine their image maybe - maybe trying to make the consumer public's memory of the classic Coke bottle design somewhat "fuzzier".
    i disagree a little.

i think the new designs are still reminiscent of the "classic bottle" design... just with a new "twist". i think this is actually being used to spark renewed interest in sodas... and, from the reactions on here, it seems to be working.

i'd definitely buy little aluminum bottles like those above if i were throwing a little party or something. they're "cute" and a bit of an icebreaker.

Question

does anyone know the dimensions of those bottles? (can we call them bottles? they're really more like contour cans, right?)

The UPCs are the following

Coca-Cola Bottle 049000049930
    Zero 049000049947

Now if I can find a case of each....