Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Here's where to find: Mello Yello

I figure I will lend fellow soda pop fans a hand at finding some hard-to-find gems. I won't do eveything, but some of the biggies that people might be interested in. Here is post #1: Coca-Cola's Mello Yello.

Jefferson County Pennsylvania currently has it, but it is fast disappearing. It might not be here within a few months. I last saw it at the Flying J Travel Plaza in Brookville, PA (Exit 78 of Interstate 80). It is only available as a 20 ounce bottle.

Cracker Barrell Restaurant in New Stanton, PA has Mello Yello on tap. I am not sure if the location in Altoona, PA has it on tap, I will have to visit and report later.

Roy Rogers in Somerset, PA (South Somerset Service Plaza on the Eastbound side of the Pennsylvania Turnpike) has Mello Yello on tap.

Morgantown, WV has Mello Yello in 2 Liters, 12 packs, and 20 ounce bottles. I was able to find Mello Yello at both Kroger Grocery Stores in Morgantown (2 Liters and 12 packs) and a few Sheetz locations (20 ounce only). One Kroger is off of Interstate 68 on WV Route 7 West. The other Kroger is along WV Route 705 about 1/2 - 1 mile east of US Route 19 on the north side of Morgantown.

hometownfavorites.com has Mello Yello available in their Hard to Find Grocer area:

Soft Drinks-Old Fashioned Candy, Nostalgic, Retro & Old Time Candies & Grocery: Hometown Favorites

sodafinder.com also has Mello Yello available

Have Mello Yello in your area? Chime in and let us know!
    Last edited by Tech_Guy; 01-03-2008 at 06:16 PM.

five guys burgers & fries in farmington, ct has mello yello on tap. thats the only place around that carries it.

In Dayton Ohio you can find it at Kroger grocery stores and sometimes at the Meijer on Stroop and 741 and at the Speedway on Dorthoy lane next to Family Video and the Speedway on Stewart. Any other sitings in their hometown.
    I am looking for Mello Yello in glass bottles and Diet Mello Yello in can or bottle...if you find them let me know where you got them, thank you in advance.

Default Mellow Yellow in NE Ohio

All the Chuck E. Cheese's in Northern Ohio have it on tap: Parma, North Olmstead, Mayfield Heights, Mentor, Toledo, Youngstown, Mansfield, Canton and Akron.

tech guy -- im really not trying to be mean by saying this, so please don't take it that way and if you do then it was not intended as so. You have posted a few posts, such as this one entitled "how to find rare gems' or something like that. and you go on telling people how to find such elusive sodas as mello yello, tab, and pibb xtra??? hmm... well most of us on the board could easily find those sodas. i'm just saying that while posts are appreciated on how to find the locations of certain sodas, the product location board is more for requesting help on finding actual hard to find products. I have read several other posts of yours and you do seem to genuinely know soda. so why waste your time posting about things like pibb xtra?

like i said earlier, please dont take offense.

now if you could write an article for me about where to find welch's fruit punch soda, cherry rc, sunkist lemonade, or maybe some fanta black cherry, well those gems would be helpful. (actual locations, not some online site that wants me to take a second mortgage out for a 12 pack)

thanx

d

while i agree that some drinks are harder to find than others, i still think any drink that a non-beverage enthusiast has never heard of because of its scarcity means that it is hard to find. and as one of the foremost mello yello fans around, it is safe to say that it falls in that category. and i appreciate any mention of its location on the board. Then when i am, say, on a road trip, rather than having to stop in every store in hopes to find it, you can have places you look first. and i know the board has proved helpful to me and others in this way.

is mello yello really that hard to find? i know that in my area, mello yello never went away when vault came out. I saw vault in maybe 2 fountains, but other than that, I have mello yello on tap in at least 15 places within a 6 mile radius of my house. You cant walk into any store that sells fridgepacks within 20 miles of me without seeing mello yello, 20oz bottles at every service station, about the only mello yello product thats scarce around here is the 2 ltrs. we do have vault and vault zero too, no mello yello diet tho, i would love that. ive only seen the diet once at a market in south carolina about 4 years ago

what is hard to find for some may be quite easy for others such as your black cherry fanta, cherry rc, sunkist lemonade can all be found within 30 minutes of where I sit right now. Mello yello, pibb xtra, well I haven't seen those in years, as a matter of fact I wouldn't have even known that mr pibb became pibb xtra or that mello yello still even existed if it weren't for this board.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

well like i said in my original post, i dont mean to offend anyone. i guess to me since i see those sodas everywhere it was like as if someone said" heres where to find sprite" but i guess its easy to take for granted that what may be easily attainable for some would be difficult for others. But hey, thats what this board is for. so once again, if anyone took offense then it really wasnt intended as so. i do think ur very lucky to have access to those sodas. i need to take a roadtrip.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikesoda View Post
    tech guy -- im really not trying to be mean by saying this, so please don't take it that way and if you do then it was not intended as so. You have posted a few posts, such as this one entitled "how to find rare gems' or something like that. and you go on telling people how to find such elusive sodas as mello yello, tab, and pibb xtra??? hmm... well most of us on the board could easily find those sodas. i'm just saying that while posts are appreciated on how to find the locations of certain sodas, the product location board is more for requesting help on finding actual hard to find products. I have read several other posts of yours and you do seem to genuinely know soda. so why waste your time posting about things like pibb xtra?

like i said earlier, please dont take offense.
    Nah. I didn't find that offensive at all. I 100% see where you are coming from. However, the three I have mentioned so far (Mello Yello, Tab, and Pibb Xtra) do have a strong following for mainstream brands. Tab even has its own fan site! I do like to help out when I can because I get extremely frustrated when I cannot find a product anywhere where I live... so this is me doing my part to help those who are in the same boat I am. If you notice one of our newest members even asked about Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper. Usually a strong following will provoke me to do a How To Find post.

Pennsylvania is so basic when it comes to soda pop, it isn't even funny! I honestly do not know how a soda pop enthusiast could even live here (exaggeration, but you know what I mean). Get outside of the major cities and you would be surprised how many quasi-mainstream products we lack; they mostly are Coke products too for some reason. I can get Pibb Xtra where I live, but I have to get it via fountain. If I want, say a 2L bottle, that is a 120 mile trip out of state. Same holds true for (now) Mello Yello, Fanta Strawberry, and the Fresca flavors. Any Fanta flavor other than orange is a definite road trip (I have to drive 45 minutes before I even start seeing Fanta Grape). There are a few places where I can get gems like Virgil's Root Beer and Boylan's Cane Soda, so that keeps me "at bay" LOL.

This is the reason for the seemingly maintream sodas being posted as hard-to-find, I am sure Pennsylvania isn't the only state like this. My next post was going to be How To Find Fanta Birch Beer but I want to confirm a couple more locations as having it first. And with this one, I have found zero locations that have it in Pennsylvania. (Aside: it INFURIATES me that Coke doesn't push Fanta Birch Beer at all. I wish they would dump the fruit flavor / Fantana image and just release it in packages already! Crush is mostly fruit flavored, but Crush has a Birch Beer in Canada. I am not sure why Fanta can't be like that.)