Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'll also branch out to middle Delaware and Philadelphia because I travel there occasionally

anyone?

Coke is Kosher, everywhere. For Passover, they just add "kosher for Passover" stickers on the caps but they are all from the same production.

any this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DudeMan View Post
    Coke is Kosher, everywhere. For Passover, they just add "kosher for Passover" stickers on the caps but they are all from the same production.
    dudeman -- while yes you are right that coke is always kosher, you are wrong that all they do for passover is change the sticker and its all of a sudden kosher for passover and from the same run. During passover, Coke (notated by the yellow caps) and pepsi (usually a while cap that has the letters ORB on it) change the formulation and make their product with sugar (or sucrose) instead of HFCS. It is a far superior product than the garbage we are forced to drink the rest of the year. I believe cleveland is the only market that uses sucrose year round in all coke products. lucky them!! but no -- i don't think its out yet, prob about mid march -- maybe a bit sooner. stock up while you can. and if anyone is interested, let me know and i can explain the silly reasons as to why no HFCS is allowed on passover. I just figured this post was long enough.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ilikesoda View Post
    dudeman -- while yes you are right that coke is always kosher, you are wrong that all they do for passover is change the sticker and its all of a sudden kosher for passover and from the same run. During passover, Coke (notated by the yellow caps) and pepsi (usually a while cap that has the letters ORB on it) change the formulation and make their product with sugar (or sucrose) instead of HFCS. It is a far superior product than the garbage we are forced to drink the rest of the year. I believe cleveland is the only market that uses sucrose year round in all coke products. lucky them!! but no -- i don't think its out yet, prob about mid march -- maybe a bit sooner. stock up while you can. and if anyone is interested, let me know and i can explain the silly reasons as to why no HFCS is allowed on passover. I just figured this post was long enough.
    Well said. I'm a member of the tribe too.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Abarta Coke also uses sucrose in colas in their Bethlehem PA production facility. But not 100% of the time, so you have to check the packaging to make sure.

Very interesting. But I will say there's something special about the taste of coke and if that means the HFCS is part of the magic, then so be it. Does the sucrose kind really taste better? Again, I like the original flavor, even if it some HFCS is involved.

I guess it's a matter of one's age. LOL
    Cane sugar Coca Cola is the holy bench mark of
    ALL carbonated soda pops. I love Peps HFCS but
    Coca Cola cane sugar rocks my socks. YUM
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

When does KFP coke/pepsi start appearing in the chicago area? I plan on being in chicago on march 15th..