Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Pepsi News: Amp expansion and Slice to Return

Speaking with a Pepsi Rep from Rolling Meadows yesterday and he told me this spring Amp will expand its line with grape and orange, and Slice will attempt yet another return, although it dosent sound as if it will replace Tropicana Twisters.

From my experience.....and this is only anecdotal, Slice did very well in Hispanic neighborhoods. The Pineapple flavor was always a huge hit as well as the Strawberry. Perhaps PEPSI is seeing the future and marketing to certain demographics with the relaunch.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Cool

i think the tropicana tastes like baby aspirin. maybe that's why they're re-releasing orange slice.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveSlice View Post
    Speaking with a Pepsi Rep from Rolling Meadows yesterday and he told me this spring Amp will expand its line with grape and orange, and Slice will attempt yet another return, although it dosent sound as if it will replace Tropicana Twisters.
    In addition to grape and orange, I heard Amp will be coming out with a berry flavor. Regarding Slice returning - is this anything more substantial than the rumor last July under the thread Diet Tropicana Twister?

The Amp part of the story is definitely true, the first two flavors are coming in March and the others to follow. They will be pushing Amp hard now with Dale Jr. As for the Slice, I have no idea-We don't sell Trop Twister here, they dropped it for Crush.

i really hope this is true, and hopefully dr. slice will come back definitely one of my favorite sodas
    Join the fight to bring the Fully Loaded Citrus Soda back to store shelves!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-...20225161394713

AMP also has 8 pack "Race Packs" now - I saw them in Wal-Mart today.

I doubt we'll see Dr. Slice return - I don't think it was that big of a seller, and some of the bottlers that had it now carry Cheerwine.

Probably just orange and grape, maybe strawberry.

Default Negatory over in my area..

slice is a no go but new amp flavors oh yeah..citrus amp(shrug) and 8 pack amps as well as 12 pack amps in some bulk chains(bjs, cosco..etc etc) and the iced coffes from starbucks getting makeovers and a brand new csd not even my boss has heard specifics on yet..

The Tropicana name is very popular. Why would Pepsi want to re introduce slice...a brand that was never really popular. There is really no point in having Tropicana Twister AND slice competing.

This was the same when Fanta and Minute Maid were sold along side each other and it never made sense because they were both from the same company.