Bevboard

View Poll Results: For you which was the best beverage commercial in the Super Bowl XLII

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diet Pepsi Max - What is Love?

2 12.50%
  • Pepsi - Justin Timberlake

5 31.25%
  • Gatorade - Man's best friend

0 0%
  • G2 - Derek Jeter

1 6.25%
  • SoBe - Dancing

1 6.25%
  • AMP - Mechanic

2 12.50%
  • Coca-Cola - Jinx

0 0%
  • Coca-Cola - It's Mine

5 31.25%
  • Glaceau Vitamin Water - Shaq

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SuperBowl beverage commercials?

In your opinion, what do you think of the beverages commercials aired on this year's Super Bowl? Which ones do you think were the best or which ones do you think were the worst?

for those who didn't had the chance to watch the commercials, or if you want to watch them again, here's the link to watch them...

Pepsi:
    SoBe Life Water - Dancing: YouTube - Thrillicious: 2008 Sobe Life Water Super Bowl Ad
    Diet Pepsi Max - What is love?: YouTube - What is Love -- Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad
    Pepsi - Justin Timberlake: YouTube - Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Ad featuring Justin Timberlake
    AMP - Mechanic: YouTube - Amp energy commercial
    Gatorade - Man's Best Friend: YouTube - 2008 Super Bowl commercial leaked
    G2 - Derek Jeter: YouTube - G2 €” Derek Jeter

Coca-Cola
    Coca-Cola Classic - It's Mine (Stewie vs. Underdog): YouTube - Coca-Cola It's Mine
    Coca-Cola Classic - Jinx (Frist & Carville): YouTube - Coca-Cola Jinx
    Glaceau VitaminWater - Shaq: YouTube - Horsin around Vitamin Water: Shaq

Fortunately I had the chance to watch the commercials on adforum.com, and IMO the best ones were the Coca-Cola Classic ones, the diet Pepsi Max one (very funny!) and the Pepsi one (very very funny!) and the worst ones were the SoBe Life water one, the VitaminWater one and the Gatorade one (it looks like a home video)...

Regards
    Last edited by Ram0n C0keah0lic; 02-04-2008 at 04:56 AM.

Thumbs up

for me, it was a toss-up between pepsi's justin timberlake ad and coke's macy's day floats ad. both were entertaining and kept me interested until the end. i voted for timberlake though.

the pepsi max and coke jinx ad were also clever too though.

these are actually the best coke ads i've seen in a long time.

i wonder why no Coke Zero ads though? i mean, isn't the superbowl crowd Coke Zero's target audience?

Diet Pepsi Max's what is love.

I loved the Justin Timberlake one, but I agree, the Macy's "It's Mine" Coke commercial was great also. I was entertained by the Sobe LifeWater commercial, but the worst one was the Gatorade "Man's Best Friend" commercial. It was gross and didn't make much sense. Were they saying Gatorade comes from dog drool? If so, not appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by PepsiBlue View Post
    Diet Pepsi Max's what is love.
    it was a decent commercial, but... once people get a taste of that stuff, it will probably be the last. it's awful.

I particularly enjoyed the Diet Pepsi Max spot (and even though I don't like diet drinks, don't find the actual beverage too bad). The Coke spot with the balloons was creative as well, though I despise all things Macy's.

Amp was just painful to watch in many ways. Both Gatorade spots left much to be desired, especially the dog one.

I liked watching Justin get dragged all over. Really enjoyable. Oh, and I wanna marry him.

A little "cross thread" item here...........Where was the "VAULT" commercials this year????
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

oh i know that beer is off limits, but how funny (and irrelevant) was Will Ferrels budlight ad?

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    A little "cross thread" item here...........Where was the "VAULT" commercials this year????

Ouch. Then again, there were no Dew commercials either.