Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Coca-Cola Co.'s frustrating new cap design

Anyone else hate the new "low profile" cap design that has appeared on 20 oz. bottles of all Coca-Cola soft drinks (including Dr Pepper and Sprite)? First of all, when you first unscrew it, numerous times it takes the retaining ring along with it... and even worse, to borrow a term from the British... it's bloody hard to screw back on! It usually takes me several tries to catch the threads right, and eventually I just give up and twist it on with brute force. I never had this problem with the old cap design... ever!

Comparing it to the old (pre-February 2008) design, they reduced the number of thread rings on the bottle from three to two, which probably saves them a tiny fraction of a cent per bottle in manufacturing costs, along with the smaller cap. But that's not the problem... the old "tall" cap screws onto the new bottle without much difficulty. It's the new "low profile" cap itself, which is very difficult to screw onto both the old and new 20 oz. bottle designs.

Whoa, I had not noticed this and drink my share of coke products. They should publish quotes under the caps like the folks at Honest Tea. Anyone else love that? You open, and there's a saying from Ghandi or Yogi Berra.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidlunch View Post
    Whoa, I had not noticed this and drink my share of coke products. They should publish quotes under the caps like the folks at Honest Tea. Anyone else love that? You open, and there's a saying from Ghandi or Yogi Berra.
    Most of the qoutes I ever got from a Coke cap was: " Sorry Try Again"
    Now the say : Please Visit www.cokerewards.com XC54k89GH6621980
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Coke is waging a new kind of war. God bless us all.

Default agreed

The new caps are frustrating. I usually drink coke zero when Im in the mood for a soda. Its not fun trying to battle a soda cap and drive at the same time.

I see what you mean with the new cap. Thankfully, they haven't made it up to my area yet. But I first noticed the new cap on a 20oz bottle of Pibb Xtra I got from Morgantown, WV this Saturday. I got six-packs of Minute Maid Light Orangeade and Light Raspberry Passion and these bottles also had this new cap.

I did get 2L bottles of Pibb, Mello Yello, and Fanta Strawberry on my trip Saturday, but these bottles didn't have the new cap. (And I wouldn't want these short caps on something like a 2L bottle...ever.)

While I didn't have too horrible of problems with the cap, I still found them too awkward and short. The coin-like ridges along the side (of the old caps) were replaced with smooth, straight plastic versions of the ridges that were on the old metal bottle caps. Although these caps are not half as irritating as the metal screw caps that are on Virgils, IBC, Crush, and Boylan's glass bottles, the old caps were definitely better.

Do you mean these caps, like these on Diet Dr Pepper 16.9s I get down in Cheyenne every now and then? Personally, I've not had any problems with them at all. I thought the "retro" bottle cap look was kinda cool, actually

Give me some cane sugar Pepsi in a glass bottle!!

coke sucks, just drink pepsi.

Amen Bombtrac Pepsi is the way to go I deliver pepsi in southern wyoming Coke isn't real popular down here

Why do you worry about a cap I usally throw them away anyways.