Bevboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think they are easier to open most of the time.

finally someone agrees with me

Default Coke cap

If you don't like the cap then why do you buy Coke? For the taste?? I don't think so! Start buying Pepsi, they have a better cap!

Quote Originally Posted by beverage expert View Post
    If you don't like the cap then why do you buy Coke? For the taste?? I don't think so! Start buying Pepsi, they have a better cap!
    WOW! If someone makes their CSD buying decision based on a cap perhaps I have been overthinking this whole thing! LOL
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    WOW! If someone makes their CSD buying decision based on a cap perhaps I have been overthinking this whole thing! LOL
    If needed I would naw the cap off for a CSD 20oz bottle of Pepsi. LOL I may wine about cap designs but no mater the cap, I gots to have my Pepsi. LOL
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Quote Originally Posted by beverage expert View Post
    I wouldn't buy based on whether I like the cap or not. I would go for taste, not the cap.

Default New Coca-Cola Cap Design

The main reason for the new caps is to save money on plastic and it also takes fewer turns to take off the cap. Coca-Cola is looking for ways to save money just like every other company in the United States. I am sure this is not the end of package changes and there will be many more to come in the future.

Josh

Thumbs up

I am a Pepsi drinker, BUT, I have to say I like the retro look of Coke's "short cap"

I have opened a few of them and resealed them fine,

From a packaging standpoint I prefer the retro Coke look, very nice.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Ha, ha, ha, you're a Funny Guy Greg

Thumbs down Forget the problems putting them back on, here is the REAL problem...

I bought 2 cases 2 weeks ago and have had 1/2 of them leak WITHOUT so much as opening them.
    One in my brief case destroying TONS of work and a MESS of my Case, another in my daughters Luggage, many others just in the cabinet while in storage (hours of work cleaning up that mess). If they are NOT straight up, there is a 50% failure rate of leaking all over where ever it is.
    I had my bottles on there side (like I store my 2 liter bottles) and when I went get a few I saw 1/2 were missing 50% of the contents. I wanted to ask the kids what happened to them, but upon looking closer I saw under the shelf (rack type) everything under was covered in it, NONE were opened, banged or disturbed.
    This is a case of fixing what isnít broke AGAIN, to save less than a penny in costs. They are thinner and less reliable. I designed plastic molds for 8 years and KNOW this was for a cost cutting measure here. NOT to make it easier to open, please thatís a joke of an excuse. It saved as I said less than a penny and I guess when you sell over 10 million a year it adds up. But at who's expense now? There is no way on earth am I buying another one of those and I would like to call the consumer relations about this. (Cant find the number anywhere, help would be appreciated if anyone knows it). I have a few hundred dollars of damage now b/c these cheap bastards didnít do proper testing.

Quote Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
    Anyone else hate the new "low profile" cap design that has appeared on 20 oz. bottles of all Coca-Cola soft drinks (including Dr Pepper and Sprite)? First of all, when you first unscrew it, numerous times it takes the retaining ring along with it... and even worse, to borrow a term from the British... it's bloody hard to screw back on! It usually takes me several tries to catch the threads right, and eventually I just give up and twist it on with brute force. I never had this problem with the old cap design... ever!

Comparing it to the old (pre-February 2008) design, they reduced the number of thread rings on the bottle from three to two, which probably saves them a tiny fraction of a cent per bottle in manufacturing costs, along with the smaller cap. But that's not the problem... the old "tall" cap screws onto the new bottle without much difficulty. It's the new "low profile" cap itself, which is very difficult to screw onto both the old and new 20 oz. bottle designs.