Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Proposal for an energy product trading group, only the committed need read!

So I've been toying with this idea for a while, and have always been held back by a lack of resources. Resources being interested individuals.
    This is basically how it works:

**A group of energy product addicts will get together in a trust circle.

**Group members will get to know each other and provide a list of the energy products they have easily available to themselves.

**Group members will then propose trades. Basically, if two members have a product available to themselves that another wants, a trade can be made. This is the point of the group, to attain energy products (drinks, gum, food etc.) in a symbiotic fashion with other people.

**Trading will be done via standard ground mail, and feedback history will be tracked in a special thread.

**As the group builds and people try and join to get a free dishonest drink etc, group entry fees could be charged. Money from the fees would be used for contest give-aways to group members.

We could even come up with a cool name. Here's some off the top of my head
    -Energy Trading Coalition (ETC)
    -Operation Defeat Adenosine (ODA... some neuroscience is required to understand that one. Basically the most important thing caffeine does is inhibit the nuerotransmitter adenosine, which controls sleep debt).
    -Caffeine for a Better Tomorrow (CBT)

So.... who's interested?
    Last edited by SonicFury; 02-25-2008 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicFury View Post

We could even come up with a cool name. Here's some off the top of my head
    -Energy Trading Coalition (ETC)
    -Operation Defeat Adenosine (ODA... some neuroscience is required to understand that one. Basically the most important thing caffeine does is inhibit the nuerotransmitter adenosine, which controls sleep debt).
    -Caffeine for a Better Tomorrow (CBT)

Not sure about charging a fee. That defeats the innocnece of the project and may promote "promotion".

ETC sounds like an official government entity.
    ODA- Why would we want to Defeat Adenosine. Adenosine plays an important role in energy transfer as well as an energy signal. It must be available for energy to be used.( ATP/ADP)
    CBT- To much emphasis on caffeine. There are some drinks that can promote energy, awareness, and vitality with just a small amount of caffeine supplemented by other compounds.

Other than that I am in. Lets just work on the name! LOL
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Energy Mafia?
    Last edited by Joey; 02-26-2008 at 02:17 PM.

Default Sounds interesting

I already trade with a couple of others trusted friends. Drinks are kind of regional so knowing others across the country comes in handy. I have did several 20+ drink trades. Cost me about 22 bucks to fedex 20 drinks. Packing is the tough part. They are not gentle with these packages. 1 other thing is don't use USPS. They have lost several shipments of drinks that companies have sent me and the ones that do show up are really beat to hell.
    banned

sounds good, but i wont have to much too trade off. only the basics here in south kackalacky. other wise im in, but we need a new name.
    I'm an acquired taste, if you don't like me acquire some taste

Greg, lol just tear down all my hopes why don't you. jk. I agree with you on everything you said. I can just see people joining and not sending out their end of the bargain. It's pretty much the only weakness of such a group, so naturally I'm looking for a solution to it. The names were pretty spur of the moment on my part, I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

NurtiVation, I like the way you're thinking. May be bad for publicity, though

scum1, I've used UPS to trade with people I meet in Facebook groups. USPS doesn't allow shipping of liquids anyways. I'll look into FedEx, too. UPS was pretty expensive if I recall.

iPwnd, how much searching have you done? Gas stations don't always cut it. Don't forget health and nutrition stores of ALL kinds (GNC is great, vitamin shops, organic stores, health food stores to name a few), sporting goods stores, and gaming centers.

To all of you, I'm glad to see this much interest! Between those of us in the this thread and what I've found through PM's, this could definitely be a reality. I'm going to let this thread go another day or two and make another official thread. Or maybe I'll just build up a quick forum. I actually like that idea better.
    In the mean time while we're waiting to hear from other interested individuals, please feel free to post up name ideas, and spread the word to your friends!

[QUOTE=SonicFury;360500]

iPwnd, how much searching have you done? Gas stations don't always cut it. Don't forget health and nutrition stores of ALL kinds (GNC is great, vitamin shops, organic stores, health food stores to name a few), sporting goods stores, and gaming centers. QUOTE]

Yeah i have been other places like whole foods and such, but sadly south carolina just isn't into the whole organic, health food thing. were one of the unhealthiest states, and no one seems to care. so yeah i do check other places, but gas stations and c-stores are always best. but i'll keep GNC and vitamin shops in mind next time im searching.
    I'm an acquired taste, if you don't like me acquire some taste

Quote Originally Posted by iPwnd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicFury View Post

iPwnd, how much searching have you done? Gas stations don't always cut it. Don't forget health and nutrition stores of ALL kinds (GNC is great, vitamin shops, organic stores, health food stores to name a few), sporting goods stores, and gaming centers.
    Yeah i have been other places like whole foods and such, but sadly south carolina just isn't into the whole organic, health food thing. were one of the unhealthiest states, and no one seems to care. so yeah i do check other places, but gas stations and c-stores are always best. but i'll keep GNC and vitamin shops in mind next time im searching.
    lol that logic doesn't work. I live in the country's most obese state, on official record

So is the point of this to actually drink these new energy drinks or simply to collect them?
    The BevNET Staff

Im done for trading ED's! I have traded with SCUM1 before and it works out pretty good. Anyways I have tons of ED's sitting around, so I am sure I could contribute to someone's collection / addiction.

Someone should research the best and most affordable way to ship these.