Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Walmart cuts back on Sam's soda pop.

I read this in today's WSJ.
    Sam's Club soda pop is produced by Cott Beverages.
    Cott's stock dropped over a $1 or so when Walmart
    announced that Sam's Soda pop would be cut back
    on average 4 feet and replaced with RC and Diet Right Cola.

The Wal-Mart Effect: Cott Beverages Lose Shelf Space at Wal-Mart
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I would love to see RC make a comeback on shelves in my area. That will be a reason for me to visit Wal-Mart.

It's saying Cadbury may get more spaces but space is normally based on sales. Here Coke has alot of space at Wal-Mart, in Huntsville, AL there is 8ft of nothing but Sun Drop - so I don't see how they justify that it will go to Cadbury products.

Some other reports that I read stated that the decision-makers at Wal-Mart decided that Royal Crown Cola and Diet Rite varieties would sell better than their Sam's Choice brand (which they buy from Cott).

I hope that the C-S lines get more shelf space at the Wal-Mart stores in my area. Right now, they have only about one-fifth as much as the Pepsi and Coke products.

Wal-mart and RC are from the rural southern mountains. The mountains are full of hillbillies and Wal-mart attracts hillbillies.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Coke Dr. Pepper and Mt.Dew were created in the south. Those hillbillies really know how to make soda.

Quote Originally Posted by drpep View Post
    Wal-mart and RC are from the rural southern mountains. The mountains are full of hillbillies and Wal-mart attracts hillbillies.
    So who shops at walmart in all the stores that aren't in the "rural southern mountains"?

On a side note, Doesn't Cott own rc outside of the US? So in a sense they are only replacing one soda they own with another.
    Last edited by the saint; 02-29-2008 at 09:48 AM.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

Quote Originally Posted by the saint View Post
    So who shops at walmart in all the stores that aren't in the "rural southern mountains"?

On a side note, Doesn't Cott own rc outside of the US? So in a sense they are only replacing one soda they own with another.
    They only own it outside of the US, so if the products get replaced with RC products that wouldn't make it own of their products, as Cadbury owns it.

Quote Originally Posted by the saint View Post
    Come to upstate New York and visit a Wal-mart on Friday night or Saturday as hillbillies come down from the hills and up from Pennsylvania.

Lets give this scenario a shot. Cadbury and Wal-mart enter into an agreement to make RC and Diet Rite exclusive to Wal-mart, sort of Wally's private label. Need flavors? Add Nehi. Root Beer? Hires. Wal-mart gets a private label soda and Cadbury Schweppes gets increased sales for RC and Diet Rite and other brands.
    Last edited by drpep; 03-01-2008 at 02:39 PM.