Bevboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up New Drinks from Dr Pepper/Seven Up!

Hello all-

Keep your eyes out for two new energy drinks from the Cadbury Schweppes bottling group in your area.

First out will be VENOM, a citrus-y lightly carbonated drink that comes in an UN-BELIEVEABLE twist-top can. The graphic on this one will knock you out. You'll have to try this one. They haven't started distributing this one but the office had a few dozen blank cans with a sticker on them identifying them as Venom, trial package, not for sale.

Next will be Squirt Citrus Power. They've not given us any graphics or samples of this one so I guess we'll just have to wait.

Cadbury Schweppes is buying up local bottlers and building the Cadbury Schweppes Bottling Group. A few years ago they picked up the All American Bottling Company of Northlake, IL. As a bottler/distributor, they would take contracts to distribute other peoples products. American Bottling once distributed such winners as RockStar, NOS, and VitaminEnergy...all products later bought out by Coke or Pepsi. I'm glad to see that they're developing thier own brands instead of making someone elses products succeed.

Isn't Venom from snapple? I swear I have seen venom over the years before somewhere. The hispanics will buy squirt energy I am sure, everytime I am at the hispanic grocery on my route they are filling the 80 case squirt 2 liter display ( Pbg and coke both only have a superglide rack that holds roughly 16 cases each).
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

Yea...I think Venom has been used before under Snapple. This time it's release is independent of the big name. I'm sure it's a completely different product, too. Snapple had a whole line of energy-style drinks called "elements" they couldn't get off the ground. GREAT tasting stuff...just too expensive with no advertising $$. And, 'cuz PBG and CCE get all the contracts, our stuff was limited to the top or bottom shelf, if we could get it in at all.

So, why is this in the energy drinks section?

And you seem a little too enthusiastic. You're not here to promote your company are you?

[QUOTE=AABCjoe;360753]Hello all-

Keep your eyes out for two new energy drinks from the Cadbury Schweppes bottling group in your area.

First out will be VENOM, a citrus-y lightly carbonated drink that comes in an UN-BELIEVEABLE twist-top can. The graphic on this one will knock you out. You'll have to try this one. They haven't started distributing this one but the office had a few dozen blank cans with a sticker on them identifying them as Venom, trial package, not for sale.

QUOTE]

What a second......are you telling me that VENOM will have an innovative twisty cap???? a la Engage and Redline?

My opinion is that if CS is going to come out with a new ED then they need to go balls to the wall and really deliver something different. Don't just make another me too product that has a slighlty higher caffeine content. You guys really need to nail it. Skirt the edge a bit and show the public that the new CS is not just another soda company jumping in late on the ED category.

With all the downsizing you guys have done it should have, or hopefully, streamlined your decision making process. Hopefully, you have people there who are ready to make decisions and move forward instead of like the other 2 big guys who want to have a focus group set up just so they can plan a meeting.

BTW, who's "bright" idea was Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper? How many people sat in the board room nodding yes to that one because some guy at or near the top like it?
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicFury View Post

And you seem a little too enthusiastic. You're not here to promote your company are you?
    His lead was an energy drink.....

I don't think he is promoting it as much as just saying what is coming out in the near future. If he was prompting you to buy then it would be a pitch which is off limits.

I have been there during a new release of a product and when you get excited about it is when you start wanting to share it with others.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicFury View Post

uuummm, because the first line in his post was about the "two new energy drinks".

As far as him promoting his company, I agree with greg. He isn't telling you to go and buy the drink, he is merely telling you about something new down the line. You know kind of like posting on this message board about wanting people to sign up for another just to...I don't know..say trade energy drinks or to write reviews of them?!?!?
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

I guess I *did* say that you'd "have to try it"... I suppose I should not tempt fate. For what it's worth, I'm straight salary so wether this stuff actually sells or not has nothing to do with me. My job is to fill in for other salesmen when they go on vacation, fill vendors when that guy goes on vacation, and the other weeks of the year go out and drum up new business or help other salespeople.

I guess, by default, I am here to promote my company. I hate Coke and Pepsi. I worked for Coke in Duluth for 2 years, didn't miss a day of work. That is, untill I called in sick on my last day. Even gave my two weeks notice. Fast forward a year. I'm broke, desperate for work and see that they have a local part-time merchandising position open...I apply. I still had my uniforms and everything so I just told them to call me and let me know what stores to hit and I'd be there. I had to call them back days later to find out that the *one* day I missed made me ineligeable for a job. But this is totally off topic.

They told us to expect this Squirt Citrus Power in the warehouse in the next couple weeks. Which is strange because they got us the demo of Venom first.

Oh sorry guys, I did somehow skim over the energy drink mention. Their affiliation as energy drinks wasn't discussed much at all in the rest of the post as I read on, so I made an incorrect conclusion. I think I skipped it because I was drawn to the bit about the "UNBELIEVEABLE twist top." I was confused by the extreme enthusiasm. AABC, thanks for being frank. I'll be looking hard for the release of these drinks in my area.

That sucks joe but don't hate Pepsi for that..coke treats its people like **** half the time :P.