Bevboard

Default Amp Energy Traction

As rumored and previously discussed here on the boards, some new Amp Energy flavor extensions are coming. Today, I found the grape-flavor at the corner store, Amp Energy Traction, and wrote up a little review.

In summary, it might just be me, but after drinking my first sip, all I can say is "Welcome back Pitch Black!"

There seems to be a lot in common between Traction and Pitch Black, namely the color, scent, and initial flavor base. Obviously, it's an energy drink and not the same, but there is quite a bit of similarity there.

When compared to the previous Amp incarnations (Amp and Amp Overdrive), there is quite a difference in composition as well. Gone are the B-vitamins. Say hello to d-Ribose. It also contains more caffeine than the original 2 flavors (10 mg/oz. vs. 8.875 mg/oz.)

Overall, I'm not an energy drink fan, but I liked Amp Energy Traction. The grape flavor is good, but not overpowering. It definitely still tastes like an energy drink, but it’s a favorable experience all around.
    Last edited by Tannerman; 03-12-2008 at 01:58 PM.

awesome! Do you have any news about the other Amp Energy flavors that are supposed to be out soon?

Quote Originally Posted by idrinkamp View Post
    awesome! Do you have any news about the other Amp Energy flavors that are supposed to be out soon?
    There are three new flavors, the Grape as shown, an orange, and I forget the other one but they come out in the next few weeks. I saw the new product codes the other day in the warehouse, i'll post pictures of the others as soon as I get my hands on them.

Per a Brandweek article:
    In three months, Amp will launch three new line extensions: Amp Relaunch will better hydrate consumers with an added mix of electrolytes and B vitamins. Amp Elevate can help boost drinkers' mental capacity with L-Theanine. Amp Traction will present as a sustained energy option.
    I believe Elevate is a mixed berry flavor and Relaunch is orange.

Smile

Actually, the original Amp has 150 mg of caffeine per 16 oz. can, so this is only 10 mg more than that. Too bad, though - my husband's favorite drink in the world was the Amp, followed by Pitch Black, but he can't have caffeine anymore. I guess I'll just have to enjoy it for him!
    Jack's Mom
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously."

I found both Traction and Elevate (mixed berry) today in southeastern PA.

Period 4 its coming in my market(Eastern Virginia) with 16 oz singles and 16oz 4 pks for overdrive ..sf amp and relaunch..the singles one is a purple can..one is blue and one is orange. Got a memo about it.

Here is all three:

Nice one..gonna have to try all of them.