Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cool Coke Zero grew 37.5% last year, but still misses Top Ten

here are the numbers for the soda companies for 2007:

http://www.beverage-digest.com/pdf/top-10_2008.pdf

and diet coke is now only 0.7 market share behind pepsi...

Quote Originally Posted by popologist View Post
    here are the numbers for the soda companies for 2007:

http://www.beverage-digest.com/pdf/top-10_2008.pdf
    I'll take credit for that, thank you. My personal consumption has to account for at least half.
    Get CZ in more restaurants and it will skyrocket even more!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up

hey, you can't take all the credit. it got to the point that i was drinking so much coke zero that i forced myself to cut-back... for health's sake. (i still drink a lot though)

the stuff is amazing. i don't understand how diet coke is still selling so well--that stuff is metallic-tasting swill compared to coke zero.

either way, it's pretty amazing that coke zero is growing at almost 40% when the rest of the soda market is declining.

by my estimate (based on last year's numbers), CZ sold about 125 million cases this year... just shy of the 154 million cases of 10th place diet dr pepper. if CZ can grow at 30% in 2008, it may just catch DDP this year.
    Last edited by popologist; 03-13-2008 at 02:01 PM.

There's still a rabid army of Diet Coke lovers, and some of them really hate Coke Zero. But I think in the long run, more people will go for a drink that tastes reasonably close to Coke over something that tastes like cough medicine. CZ is starting to find its way into more fountains, and I think that's what will send it over the top. Although, Diet DP and Diet MD don't have that strong of a fountain presence, and I'm kinda surprised they still beat CZ, but I guess it's because they're more established brands.

Personally, I think it's pretty amazing that CZ has made it so far so quickly.

I wonder if those numbers include Vanilla Zero and Cherry Zero? Fanta is in the top ten, but it doesn't say specifically if that is just orange, or all the flavors together.

I might sound like a broken record (for those of you who know what a record was LOL).
    Coke Zero has built a strong base of soda pop drinkers and will climb into the top ten for 2008.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

So, is Zero's growth coming at the expense of regular Coke (or any other Coke product)?

IMO....Zero's growth is from Diet Pepsi, Diet Coke
    BUT also from "cross over" Coke and Pepsi drinkers.
    IMO....Coke Zero is creating a new destination
    core catagory of drinkers; those that demand near facsimile
    taste of " regular sweetened colas" with having low carbs.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

[QUOTE=Mr Zabe;360947]I might sound like a broken record (for those of you who know what a record was LOL).
    QUOTE]

How about " I might sound like a digital repeat sequence"......I'm sure that clears things up for our younger beverage consumers.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Like Pixel, I'm totally taking credit for this boom too. I drink it pretty religiously, and have been seeing it as a fountain drink option at more and more fast food places. YAY!