Bevboard

Thread: Caribbean Coke

Default Caribbean Coke

My mum just brought me back these bottles of Coke from a cruise she did around the caribbean, and I thought you may like to see them.

The bottles are from Aruba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Barbados, and Trinidad.

Unfortunately, only the bottle from Trinidad is glass.

Thanks for the pictures very nice.
    I am looking for Mello Yello in glass bottles and Diet Mello Yello in can or bottle...if you find them let me know where you got them, thank you in advance.

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

When I lived in jamaica they never had Coke bottles like that. They were all thick returnable ones. For everything. Those must be a new style they have adopted. Of course it was 15 years ago I lived there.

Thumbs up

thanks for the pics. i like the tropical motif.

Why is it that bottle art in the United States is so plain, it is borderline generic? Nice pictures, the tropical theme on a couple of the bottles is a nice touch. BTW, has anyone noticed the lack of preservatives in the ingredients?

I went on a cruise to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and Tortola in 2004. At St. Thomas, I was thirsty for a Coke, so I got a cold can from a small store along one of the island's beaches.

I am not sure who bottled it, but I can say I have yet to taste a Coke as good as that one tasted. It tasted so... pure. Even KFP Coke doesn't taste as good as that Coke. I thought it was because I haven't had a Coke in a long time... nope, tried one when I got back from the cruise and it absolutely didn't taste like the one I got at St. Thomas. It is more bland up here.

If you ever go to the Caribbean, Virgin Islands, or anywhere near the Equator, get a Coke. I stupidly didn't get Coke and Sprite from down there to bring back and now I am kicking myself. Oh well, maybe next time if I make it down there again.
    Last edited by Tech_Guy; 03-20-2008 at 11:38 PM.

I can relate. LOL
    Way back when LOL, nearly 25 years ago +/-,
    when I lived in Isreal; glass Israeli Coke tasted much better
    than American Coke.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Nice pics! thanks for sharing!