Bevboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Red Bull Simply Cola

You guys probably saw BevNet's recent story about Red Bull launching a soft drink called Red Bull Simply Cola.

I was sent an anonymous submission yesterday that features the same brochure that BevNet showed in their story. Though the visual quality is pretty poor, I attempted to clean up the images and transcribe the text. You can see all those images/text here.

Additionally, Austrian financial newspaper WirtschaftsBlatt did a story on the beverage, which of course is not in English. But if you want to check it out, it's found here

Overall, this is an interesting play for Red Bull. You would have thought they would have gone the route of all the other energy drink brands, i.e. more flavor extensions. This seems like a completely different product, no doubt priced at a premium and banking on the fans of the brand. It also plays heavily off the "natural ingredients" angle, much like we've seen lately with Pepsi Raw and Retro.

Let's see who will get the first taste!

Very interesting!! Really, I cant wait to try it. How do you think they'll plan the marketing this bad boy?

Curious what exactly they mean by "natural" on that flyer. How are the ingredients different from regular cola?

Probably going to be a flop... i dont really see this doing anything, the only thing that i can see good for them is the Red Bull name ....This reminds me of the Rockstar Cola that there once was, and we see how well that did

looks sexy

I don't understand the "Simply Cola" tag and then at the bottom it says that it is Strong and Natural.

I scanned the article so i didn't catch the essence other than it being a cola, but is this going to be a true Energy cola? Is that what the "Strong" denotes?
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

i don't see this product being a flop, especially if this is taken on premise.
    captain and "rbc" please.

Looks like bloggers are eating this up. I read this over at Serious Eats.

Default Will rule the bars

That is where Red Bull is the king. I have yet to see any other energy drink being used in bars and clubs. It sucks that they pretend they don't want you to mix RB with alcohol while laughing all the way to the bank. That said I can see Red Bull cola taking the bars and clubs by storm. I think that is why they went with a cola. So many drinks with cola added in bars.
    banned

I think we are going to see a lot of people ordering a Jack and Red Bull as opposed to a Jack and Coke in the bars. I can't see Red Bull going wrong on this one.