Bevboard

Default homemade cola? is it possible?

hi everyone, love the site, but i was wondering if anyone has attempted to make their own soda(i from ohio, i say pop). i am interested in homebrewing beer but feel like a cola or other carbonated drinks would be more interesting.

is it even possible to get all the proper ingredients and equipment in small quantities?

does anyone have resources they've found that were helpful?

would root beer be a possibility using beer brewing equipment?

any help is appreciated.

I know!....

You get some, uhh, you know uhh, get a half a pound of smoldr'n and a cup full of rhe'zh'myzuhs and ya throw them on the ground, and yah... roll em up. Then you get some, brakkets, ya know! Oooh-Lord! I'll tell ya! You get a handfull of roll'zh'myzuhs ... that's good... roll'zh'myzuhs! and get a bottle of smoldracide... and you in there! Then get yourself a half pound of smoldr'n, and about a teaspoon of ribps, and you get some, some brok'ts, and you stir it up, and you put it in the pot. Ah Ah Ah!!

Sorry, feeling a bit silly tonight, couldn't resist. But..... I'll give a gold star to anyone who can ID that quote. lol.
    -Andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

Would the verb for making your own soda be "brewing"? Or is that just with beer?

Quote Originally Posted by cadencecollision View Post
    hi everyone, love the site, but i was wondering if anyone has attempted to make their own soda(i from ohio, i say pop). i am interested in homebrewing beer but feel like a cola or other carbonated drinks would be more interesting.

is it even possible to get all the proper ingredients and equipment in small quantities?

does anyone have resources they've found that were helpful?

would root beer be a possibility using beer brewing equipment?

any help is appreciated.
    Just google "soda making kit" and you should find what your looking for.