Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Caffiene-free energy drink?

Hi, I am looking for a caffiene free energy drink that actually tastes and looks like an energy, (something along the lines of a no caffiene monster would do). Prefferably something without artificial sweetners, too, but the flavor doesn't matter. thanx in advance.

The only one I've heard of is the new 5-hour energy drink that's supposedly caffeine free (well, mostly, I think it still has 5 mg of caffeine, although I'm not sure why. 5 mg isn't enough to get a fly going).
    Jack's Mom
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously."

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmom View Post
    The only one I've heard of is the new 5-hour energy drink that's supposedly caffeine free (well, mostly, I think it still has 5 mg of caffeine, although I'm not sure why. 5 mg isn't enough to get a fly going).
    Isn't 5-hour energy one of those shot things? I'm pretty sure that that has more caffiene then your average energy drink, and its full of artifical sweetners. Also I'm not really looking for any thing sugar-free either, I'd prefer something with a lot of sugar. Oh yeah, just visted the site and there is caf-free version, although there like 3.00-4.00 for tiny shot thing, in other words rip-off.
    Last edited by Drognarmk; 04-02-2008 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drognarmk View Post
    Isn't 5-hour energy one of those shot things? I'm pretty sure that that has more caffiene then your average energy drink, and its full of artifical sweetners. Also I'm not really looking for any thing sugar-free either, I'd prefer something with a lot of sugar. Oh yeah, just visted the site and there is caf-free version, although there like 3.00-4.00 for tiny shot thing, in other words rip-off.
    Wait a second......you asked for a caffeine free "energy drink" and then when jacksmom tells you of one with about 5 mg( thats about as close as you are going to get) you complain it cost too much? How much does a specialty drink tailored for your liking need to cost.
    By what you are asking for: caffeine free, lots of sugar, no artificial sweetners, and be somewhat like a Monster......that is a lot to ask. I for one would say that if there is a market for such a drink, and I am sure there is, it would be niche at best and to pay $3-$4 for it would be reasonable.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmom View Post
    The 5mgs is kind of like the cold cranking amps of a battery...they are only needed to initiate the "switch" or to turn on receptors for the onslaught of B vitamins and the folic acid heading their way.
    A mild slap in the face if you will.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Wait a second......you asked for a caffeine free "energy drink" and then when jacksmom tells you of one with about 5 mg( thats about as close as you are going to get) you complain it cost too much? How much does a specialty drink tailored for your liking need to cost.
    By what you are asking for: caffeine free, lots of sugar, no artificial sweetners, and be somewhat like a Monster......that is a lot to ask. I for one would say that if there is a market for such a drink, and I am sure there is, it would be niche at best and to pay $3-$4 for it would be reasonable.
    If anything a caffiene-free energy drink should cost less, I mean thats one less ingredient you have to add. I never even tried one of those shot things before, and I said preferably no artifical sweetners, the only reason why I complained about the 5 hour energy is because its a diet energy. The sugar content doesn't matter unless it has nothing, I'm just not into the whole diet energy drink fad.

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    If anything a caffiene-free energy drink should cost less, I mean thats one less ingredient you have to add. I never even tried one of those shot things before, and I said preferably no artifical sweetners, the only reason why I complained about the shot is that I'm sure it tastes nothing like an energy drink. The sugar content doesn't matter unless it has nothing, I'm just not into the whole diet energy drink fad.
    Ex.-Go Fast Energy-slightly below average sugar, great taste, no artifical sweetners, average 10 Mg of caffiene.
    I'd be drinkin that except for the caffiene content and I'm not currently in an area that sells it.
    How about something with lower than average caffiene, tastes good, and has no sweetners?
    Last edited by Drognarmk; 04-02-2008 at 04:42 PM.

Default one to try

Try Hooah, no caffeine... although I think it makes it more like a Gatorade than anything else.

There's also Green U, although it has residual caffeine from the green tea.

Brain Toniq is another one as is Life Classic, and Sea20

Quote Originally Posted by ehinkes View Post
    Try Hooah, no caffeine... although I think it makes it more like a Gatorade than anything else.

There's also Green U, although it has residual caffeine from the green tea.

Brain Toniq is another one as is Life Classic, and Sea20
    Hey thanx man, I heard of hooah but not the others, I'll look into them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drognarmk View Post
    If anything a caffiene-free energy drink should cost less, I mean thats one less ingredient you have to add. I never even tried one of those shot things before, and I said preferably no artifical sweetners, the only reason why I complained about the 5 hour energy is because its a diet energy. The sugar content doesn't matter unless it has nothing, I'm just not into the whole diet energy drink fad.
    well actually it wouldnt, cause the whole supply demand thing. everyone (mostly) wants an energy drink with caffeine, you dont, they have to market, package and distribute yet another line of their drinks. If Monster sells a caff-free drink, thats more marketing dollars, packaging etc...

Plus being harder to find it might have a higher premium. let us know what else you find on the caff-free drinks.

Thanks.