Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boo Koo

Default Boo Koo

So now that there has been a shake up of sorts at Boo Koo what do you think that means for the Boo koo drinks? New drink names? Just wondering what everyone here thinks about it. I think they make some pretty decent drinks that have a lot of kick. maybe just a makeover of the can design or something?
    http://www.bevnet.com/news/2008/5-22...o_koo_news.asp
    banned

Why in the world would anyone have an interest in a brand that is down 80% vs. prior year and has decimated their field staff? What is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by boodoo View Post
    Why in the world would anyone have an interest in a brand that is down 80% vs. prior year and has decimated their field staff? What is the point?
    Sounds like you have been affected...........
    Last edited by greg; 06-05-2008 at 11:21 AM.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

I will say that the "turn around" may be successful if they keep innovating like they have been.
    Their new drink, BooKoo Burner+, sounds like a real winner. An Energy drink that also helps you supplement your daily protein intake is a great idea( with respect to Whey Up).
    20g of protein in a serving is considerable in this category. Most Protein Drinks in the Sports Nutrition Industry are between 40-55g but only offer the protein unless combined with 60-100 g of carbohydrates. Point being, this is a main stream product delivering protein supplementation.

The deal with CCC has been signed and hopefully these guys will gain back some momentum.

I know we've dropped it. We are now just trying to sell through what we have left in stores. It never really did anything, and at one point in time we were there number one distributor(probably was 2nd now behind CCBCC). We had a whole shelf of it in some sets. That space is now occupied by 22 oz NOS PET since we have all three flavors of it now. Pretty good trade of if you ask me. I just cant see Boo Koo making it and for the love of me do not understand CCBCC dropping RockStar for it when they did,

Greg,

No connection past or present with BooKoo. However it's HQ has been in Dallas since 2000 and they have never had a real dsd distributor. Their Nielsens are pathetic all over the country. I wish them no hard feelings. Putting your hopes, dreams and money into BooKoo Burner sounds like a real thin limb!

Quote Originally Posted by boodoo View Post
    Greg,

No connection past or present with BooKoo. However it's HQ has been in Dallas since 2000 and they have never had a real dsd distributor. Their Nielsens are pathetic all over the country. I wish them no hard feelings. Putting your hopes, dreams and money into BooKoo Burner sounds like a real thin limb!
    I can see your reservations. However, notice I said "IF THEY KEEP INNOVATING". They can not change their name and packaging and introduce one new product and be successful.
    They have invested in some heavy hitters from the industry and these guys are no slouches.
    Former CEO of CSAB, Former President of Snapple, and a former Chief Strategy officer of CSAB.
    Keep an eye on these guys.

BooKoo ? Greg I have to tell you ... who is the customer for this stuff? I wouldn't walk around with a BooKoo... would you? And it does not appeal to girls either so who is buying this stuff? The brand has serious problems because it doesn't identify with men or women.... who's left ?

It looks like a cheap knock off the way to go these days is either sugar free, zero carb, or organic the healthy term is in the barrier in the world's fattest country I don't think anybody wants a high calorie drink. The should make a energy drink with and organic line, sugar free, diet, zero carb, and couple orginal they would do great!

Seriously gentlemen....anecdotely look at the scenario. Read who I said has joined the team. These guys are pulling off major changes to their name, their product offering, and their image.
    I didn't say it would be overnight, I said , If they keep innovating, they can make a real turn around. Who knows, maybe the new guys from the old company can make a distribution deal with the new DPSG!!!! Did anybody think of that!?!?!?