Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Sonic Expands To Chicago Market

Speachless.LOL <said with a mile of a smile>

Sonic to open 4 restaurants in suburbs
    By Mike Hughlett | Tribune staff reporter
    1:49 PM CDT, June 18, 2008

Sonic Corp. is planning to enter the Chicago area market this year by opening four of its drive-in restaurants in the suburbs, beginning this summer.

The Oklahoma-based restaurant company is known for its car-hop service. It has long been big in warmer climates, but over the past couple of years Sonic has been expanding nationally, including into colder climates.

The first Chicago area Sonics are slated to open this summer in Country Club Hills and Aurora, with a third scheduled to debut in the fall in Algonquin. Plans call for another Sonic to open in Lockport during the winter.

mhughlett@tribune.com
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

****ing finally

i want a sonic in philly

I would also like to see one in my area....This a Coke or pepsi account?

Coke account. You people really aren't missing anything . The food is horrid, I would never go to one if I was one of you people.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

Quote Originally Posted by francoenergy99 View Post
    i want a sonic in philly
    Someone at work says he heard there is a Sonic coming on street road in bensalem.
    I think it wa snear where texas roadhouse is, I dunno, I heard theres a signn, but I dont drive so I wouldnt know.

They just opened the first Sonic in MN, somewhere in St. Paul, it opened last week and the average wait for food is 30-40 minutes and during rush time up to 3 hours.

They have an officer assigned to direct traffic and the line stretches far out the door.

I will wait for the rush to get over. Just as was the same atmosphere when Krispy Kreme opened. They are all gone now though, that wasn
    t very long lived.

I've had Sonic twice, the first was in Des moines, IA and the food was great. The second was in Clearwater, FL and it wasn't so great. guess it all depends on the time of day and where you go. Just as any other restaurant.

As for me, I'm still a Sonic virgin. LMAO
    I'm more excited about their drinks.
    I agree, I always wait a good while to try
    the new resturants. I might give in. LOL
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Quote Originally Posted by Soda-MN-Good View Post
    They just opened the first Sonic in MN, somewhere in St. Paul, it opened last week and the average wait for food is 30-40 minutes and during rush time up to 3 hours.

They have an officer assigned to direct traffic and the line stretches far out the door.

I will wait for the rush to get over. Just as was the same atmosphere when Krispy Kreme opened. They are all gone now though, that wasn
    t very long lived.

I've had Sonic twice, the first was in Des moines, IA and the food was great. The second was in Clearwater, FL and it wasn't so great. guess it all depends on the time of day and where you go. Just as any other restaurant.
    yea like 6 years ago (I believe) a Kirspy Kreme opened up here in NE Philly, last maybe 2 years, went bankrupt. Now its a dunkin donuts.

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Soda-MN-Good;363202]They just opened the first Sonic in MN, somewhere in St. Paul, it opened last week and the average wait for food is 30-40 minutes and during rush time up to 3 hours.

QUOTE]

The Sonic is on the south side of I94 between White Bear Avenue and Ruth street.