Bevboard

Default Pepsi with sucrose (sugar)?

I only recently became aware of the HFCS/Sucrose matter and thanks to places like these I was able to educate myself on the subject.

It's been an interesting ride -- Kosher Passover products, Mexican Coke at CostCo (my wife sent my brother-in-law on a scavenger hunt to find it only to realize it was only SoCal), sodafinder.com, etc. Well through luck the regional bottler where I work has switched to sucrose, so I have a source for Coca Cola products. 90% of the sucrose information I've been able to find relates to Coke.

But what about Pepsi? I confess, I'm a Pepsi drinker historically. I've seen that Pepsi also puts out Kosher product for Passover, and that they introduced a variant in the UK that uses sucrose. But is that it? Have any of Pepsi's regional bottlers switched to sucrose as Coke has? Is there a reasonable internet source for sucrose Pepsi? I now find that I need to know just how it tastes.

I find myself becoming obsessive, reading the ingredient list of bottles as I buy them, I must look strange. I have seen sucrose and HFCS product mixed on store shelves, so I have to look.

You might try some grocery stores that carry Hispanic items, Mexican Pepsi, if you can the glass bottles imported any more these days, if often still sucrose. However I heard that imports of Mexi-Pepsi all but stopped a couple of years ago after controversy due to the microscopic amounts of lead paint found in the painted-on labels. I know I haven't seen any in the stores in Denver I used to buy it at in quite a while.
    Last edited by Android; 06-27-2008 at 05:04 PM.
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!