Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Do you stock up?

Just curious, since the 4th of July is approaching and soft drink sales are hitting the stores again - do any of you find yourself "stocking up" on sodas when the major holidays hit? I find that, especially lately with the prices having jumped so high, that whenever there's a sale I buy as many of the drinks as I can to try and last for a few months! (although they never really last that long)
    Jack's Mom
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously."

I just bought a truck of Fresca!

I stock up when prices are good or whenever I'm in the vicinity of West Jefferson.

I stock up whenever I am somewhere that I can get Ski, Double Cola, or Cheerwine, since none of those are sold here. Thank goodness at least Ale-8-One is!

I stocked up today on RC Cola. Shockingly, my local Target had 12 packs on sale for $2.67. No retailer in my area has carried RC in cans in a long time, so this was an unexpected treat.

Smile

The only thing better than finding your favorite soda is getting it for a great price!
    Jack's Mom
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously."

*nods at Jack*

Seems like the popular consumer trend lately anyway..wait till a really good sale and then stock up! Well now they(stores that is) are using odder and odder pricing methods to deter that heavily..or at least make you spend more.

I have stocked up twice in the last month on 12 packs of

Coke Zero
    Cherry Coke Zero
    Sprite Zero
    Caffiene Free Diet coke (still waiting for CF coke zero)

Can't stock up on CFDC as much as aspartame has a short shelf life.

Of course I'd buy Dr. Pepper if they had a Zero equivalent or a cane sugar version I didn't have to drive hundreds of miles to get. And no, Diet Dr. Pepper doesn't compare to coke zero. You can't compete without either Ace K or Cane Sugar and Dr. Pepper doesn't use either in the cans I've checked.
    Last edited by Mana211; 07-05-2008 at 03:51 PM.
    I have 12 packs in my fridge, closet, trunk, and occasionally in random locations.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmadone View Post
    *nods at Jack*

Seems like the popular consumer trend lately anyway..wait till a really good sale and then stock up! Well now they(stores that is) are using odder and odder pricing methods to deter that heavily..or at least make you spend more.
    At the safeway here, they run buy 2 get 2 free. Regular price is like 5.69...like you said they got you spending more

Quote Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
    At the safeway here, they run buy 2 get 2 free. Regular price is like 5.69...like you said they got you spending more
    The Jewel (Supervalu) has been having a 5 for $10 promotion for Pepsi and Coke fridge packs
    alternating each week. Cubes have been selling for $5 to $6. Like I have said before,
    the Chicago soda pop market is very competitive.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba