Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Live Report From Mr. Olympia

As most of you guys know I come form the Sports Nutrition Industry, the birthplace of Hyper Potent Energy Drinks.
    I was talking to a friend today and he is going to give me one of his new 2oz shots in the morning.
    Get this.....500mg of caffeine in a 2oz shot.

If I live I will report back tomorrow!!!!!
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Who's making it? I remember when Dymatize first launched Liquid Speed they had around 600mg's of caffeine if I remember right. Talk about overkill. They ended up lowering the level to try to improve the taste. Do you have a booth there or are you just walking the show?

Default Killing the Golden Goose

Unfortunately, what you consider "potent" is now raising a red flag within the health community as being irresponsible and dangerous doses of caffeine. It will probably lead to a crack down on energy drinks - most of which have the same caffeine content of coffee. Look at the following that was just released by John's Hopkins. It won't be long before the other shoe drops.

Caffeine experts at Johns Hopkins call for warning labels for energy drinks

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Who's making it? I remember when Dymatize first launched Liquid Speed they had around 600mg's of caffeine if I remember right. Talk about overkill. They ended up lowering the level to try to improve the taste. Do you have a booth there or are you just walking the show?
    ALRI----I can see it tasting very "herbal" due to that much caffeine. If I'm not mistaking didn't dymatize have a 16 or 20 oz drink?

I am back at VPX.
    Last edited by greg; 09-25-2008 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Rico View Post
    Unfortunately, what you consider "potent" is now raising a red flag within the health community as being irresponsible and dangerous doses of caffeine. It will probably lead to a crack down on energy drinks - most of which have the same caffeine content of coffee. Look at the following that was just released by John's Hopkins. It won't be long before the other shoe drops.

Caffeine experts at Johns Hopkins call for warning labels for energy drinks

Notice I didn't use the word potent in a negative or positive connotation. I used it to describe the level of power in a subject.
    It is true that the Sports Nutrition industry is pushinng the envelope in developing Energy Drinks. However, most of them are designed for the experienced athlete and trainer that wants/needs exceptional amounts of energy and whose body can "process" such dosages. The crossover is the public wanting more from their energy drink other than a sweet tasting cup of coffee.

Default I know

It's Fixx is it not? I have been waiting for those to be released.
    banned

I belive it's called HyperShot or something along those lines. ALRI is a pretty hardcore company so I'de imagine it's pretty strong.

Default I think your right Joey

Looks like the ALRI hyper shot. The one coming out from Fixx is is a "supershot" and it is supposed to have 400 mg caffeine in a 4ml shot. That is right 4ml which is about 1/15 the size of your typical 2oz shot.
    banned

What a surprise. I tried the Orange flavor( Warm) and I was pleasently surprised. It tasted good, no herbal flavor at all, however, the 500mgs of caffeine kicked my azz and then I got a huge crash.

I got a better energy rush from VPX's new stable liquid creatine drink " BANG!" it only has 200 mg's of caffeine (Ha,only 200mg's).
    Because of the glycerine and the BCAA's in it I think your body doesn't crash once the caffeine does it's job.

( sorry for the advertorial)

Quote Originally Posted by scum1 View Post
    Looks like the ALRI hyper shot. The one coming out from Fixx is is a "supershot" and it is supposed to have 400 mg caffeine in a 4ml shot. That is right 4ml which is about 1/15 the size of your typical 2oz shot.
    Yes, Hypershot by ALRI.......What type of packaging is the "Supershot" in? 4ml or 4cc's is best dosed in a syringe! ( NO NEEDLE OF COURSE)